Best binary newsgroup/usenet reader and downloader? - Setup

This is a discussion on Best binary newsgroup/usenet reader and downloader? - Setup ; Hi. Is Pan still the best newsgroup/usenet reader and downloader for Linux in X? Thank you in advance. -- "Have I told you how much I like ants, huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated ...

  1. Best binary newsgroup/usenet reader and downloader?

    --
    "Have I told you how much I like ants, huh? Especially fried in a subtle
    blend of mech fluid and grated gears?" --Rampage to Inferno,
    ( )

  2. Re: Best binary newsgroup/usenet reader and downloader?

    Ant wrote:

    > Is Pan still the best newsgroup/usenet reader and downloader for Linux
    > in X?

    Alternative is klibido. But it is VERY unstable on my system and I don't
    find the interface very intuitive.

    If you usually download via NZB files from websites, I recommend Hellanzb:

    http://www.hellanzb.com/

    Both are directly installable via apt-get/synaptic in Ubuntu based systems.

  3. Re: Best binary newsgroup/usenet reader and downloader?

    On 7/1/2008 6:23 PM PT, Thomas Jespersen typed:

    >> Is Pan still the best newsgroup/usenet reader and downloader for Linux
    >> in X?

    > Alternative is klibido. But it is VERY unstable on my system and I don't
    > find the interface very intuitive.
    >
    > If you usually download via NZB files from websites, I recommend Hellanzb:
    >
    > http://www.hellanzb.com/
    >
    > Both are directly installable via apt-get/synaptic in Ubuntu based systems.

    Ooh, thanks. And can they share .newsrc that I use with Tin? Old Pan
    (don't like the newer versions) can do this. Hellanzb sounds good since
    it is text based that I can run in screen and remotely with nice speed
    (never like GUI speed like VNC).
    --
    "Antacid: What ants use to get high." --unknown
    /\___/\
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com