Cinelerra - Setup

This is a discussion on Cinelerra - Setup ; Has anyone managed to get Cinerella installed on an Ubuntu system? It's a bloody nightmare trying to find a working respository, and trying to build it fails immediately! n:/tmp/cinelerra-2.1# ./configure ../configure: 11: arch: not found ../configure: 24: arch: not found ...

  1. Cinelerra

    Has anyone managed to get Cinerella installed on an Ubuntu system? It's
    a bloody nightmare trying to find a working respository, and trying to
    build it fails immediately!

    n:/tmp/cinelerra-2.1# ./configure
    ../configure: 11: arch: not found
    ../configure: 24: arch: not found
    [: 24: i686: unexpected operator
    [: 31: ==: unexpected operator
    ../configure: 47: Syntax error: Bad fd number

    Help! :-(

  2. Re: Cinelerra

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 23:27:02 +0100, Cork Soaker wrote:

    > Has anyone managed to get Cinerella installed on an Ubuntu system? It's a
    > bloody nightmare trying to find a working respository, and trying to build
    > it fails immediately!
    >
    > n:/tmp/cinelerra-2.1# ./configure
    > ./configure: 11: arch: not found
    > ./configure: 24: arch: not found
    > [: 24: i686: unexpected operator
    > [: 31: ==: unexpected operator
    > ./configure: 47: Syntax error: Bad fd number
    >

    > Help! :-(

    Try Open Movie Editor, I always had problems with Cinelerra. But if you
    must find the 2.1CV source. It built ok for me however i don't know what
    you are lacking. Also if you get it built you need to run it as SU. If I
    don't run it that way it freezes immediately.

  3. Re: Cinelerra

    Fred wrote:
    > Cork Soaker wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone managed to get Cinerella installed on an Ubuntu system? It's
    >> a bloody nightmare trying to find a working respository, and trying to
    >> build it fails immediately!
    >>
    >> n:/tmp/cinelerra-2.1# ./configure
    >> ./configure: 11: arch: not found
    >> ./configure: 24: arch: not found
    >> [: 24: i686: unexpected operator
    >> [: 31: ==: unexpected operator
    >> ./configure: 47: Syntax error: Bad fd number
    >>

    >> Help! :-(

    > Cinelerra has some problems, but overall it can be done. I am running
    > Hardy Heron and I load Cinelerra via Synaptic Package manager after getting
    > the correct repositories and keys. Go to the Manual on-line at:
    >
    > It has lots of good information. There are repositories for each of the
    > revisions of Ubuntu and you can scroll down to get the version that you
    > have. Read the instructions carefully and make sure you understand all of
    > them before you start. They sometimes give you alternatives, for example
    > doing it in Synaptic or in a terminal with "wget." Choose one or the
    > other, not both.
    > Make sure you have the right one for your system and architecture, etc.
    > This has worked very well for me.

    I looked on that website, it was my first port of call. The repository
    for Hardy exists - it's empty!

  4. Re: Cinelerra

    Cork Soaker wrote:

    > Fred wrote:
    >> Cork Soaker wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has anyone managed to get Cinerella installed on an Ubuntu system? It's
    >>> a bloody nightmare trying to find a working respository, and trying to
    >>> build it fails immediately!
    >>>
    >>> n:/tmp/cinelerra-2.1# ./configure
    >>> ./configure: 11: arch: not found
    >>> ./configure: 24: arch: not found
    >>> [: 24: i686: unexpected operator
    >>> [: 31: ==: unexpected operator
    >>> ./configure: 47: Syntax error: Bad fd number
    >>>

    >>> Help! :-(

    >> Cinelerra has some problems, but overall it can be done. I am
    >> running
    >> Hardy Heron and I load Cinelerra via Synaptic Package manager after
    >> getting
    >> the correct repositories and keys. Go to the Manual on-line at:
    >>
    >> It has lots of good information. There are repositories for each
    >> of the
    >> revisions of Ubuntu and you can scroll down to get the version that you
    >> have. Read the instructions carefully and make sure you understand all
    >> of
    >> them before you start. They sometimes give you alternatives, for example
    >> doing it in Synaptic or in a terminal with "wget." Choose one or the
    >> other, not both.
    >> Make sure you have the right one for your system and
    >> architecture, etc.
    >> This has worked very well for me.
    >>

    > I looked on that website, it was my first port of call. The repository
    > for Hardy exists - it's empty!

    It wasn't when I installed it a couple of weeks ago. It runs fine, but
    sometimes you have to wait a little for large files to load. If you hurry
    it, it can appear not to be working properly. Maybe they took it down for
    some reason. Ubuntu Hardy is outlined in section 9.2.1 I think, right?

    --
    Peace,
    Fred

+ Reply to Thread