Fedora 9/KDE irritations.... - Setup

This is a discussion on Fedora 9/KDE irritations.... - Setup ; Does anyone know howto get rid off KDE 4.05 irritations like the: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- - cashew nut lurking on the top right corner of the screen, add widgets it is called i think. - automatic update checking, which gives a most ...

  1. Fedora 9/KDE irritations....

    Does anyone know howto get rid off KDE 4.05 irritations like the:
    - cashew nut lurking on the top right corner of the screen, add
    widgets it is called i think.
    - automatic update checking, which gives a most irritating
    windows-like bug-on-a-red-leaf announcment insert in the panel
    - get the panel at any other color than black ... (whatever possessed
    the designer doing that :-)
    - get rid off the bubble on mouse-hover, which tells me what my window is?
    (of-course I already know what applications I have opened)
    ------------
    - how could I get back the konqueror bookmark import/export to
    firefox, which used to work fine
    ------------

    any help appreaciated,
    esa

    ------------
    Esa Tiiliharju esatii@utu.fi
    Microelectronics Laboratory
    Department of Information Technology
    University of Turku

  2. Re: Fedora 9/KDE irritations....

    Esa Tiiliharju wrote:
    > Does anyone know howto get rid off KDE 4.05 irritations like the:
    > - cashew nut lurking on the top right corner of the screen, add
    > widgets it is called i think.
    > - automatic update checking, which gives a most irritating
    > windows-like bug-on-a-red-leaf announcment insert in the panel
    > - get the panel at any other color than black ... (whatever possessed
    > the designer doing that :-)
    > - get rid off the bubble on mouse-hover, which tells me what my window is?
    > (of-course I already know what applications I have opened)
    > ------------
    > - how could I get back the konqueror bookmark import/export to
    > firefox, which used to work fine
    > ------------

    > any help appreaciated,

    I haven't dug into that yet but look for the for "control center" which gives
    you control of everything in KDE. The problem with everything is that it is
    everything and many of the labels make perfect sense to the designers (only)
    so make notes of what you change so you can put it back the way it was. It is
    also a good idea to make notes where you found what you changed because
    everything means everything.

    --
    If the country had known in 1996 that Hilary was really running the White
    House Bill would not have been re-elected.

+ Reply to Thread