Which distro? - Setup

This is a discussion on Which distro? - Setup ; Baho Utot wrote: > Jerry Stuckle wrote: > > [putolin] > >> No, I have no need to justify my answer. I asked a simple question. >> Rather than get a simple answer, I've had a lot of "you should ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 76

  1. Re: Which distro?

    Baho Utot wrote:
    > Jerry Stuckle wrote:
    >
    > [putolin]
    >
    >> No, I have no need to justify my answer. I asked a simple question.
    >> Rather than get a simple answer, I've had a lot of "you should do it
    >> this way instead" answers.
    >>
    >> Which is *exactly* why I've hesitated asking this question in this
    >> newsgroup. Rather than answer the question, you tell me a bunch of
    >> other things I should be doing.
    >>
    >> Sorry - I've been working with Unix long before Linux or any package
    >> system was ever in place. I know how to administer the system. I'm
    >> just wanting to get rid of the @#$% package system. Maybe it's good for
    >> you. But it's not for me or my customer.
    >>
    >> So rather than tell me what I should be doing. How about just answering
    >> my basic question?
    >>

    > We did, It's just that you are not listening and trying to fight the system
    > when instead of trying to understand and work with the system.
    >
    > The package manager just should not get in the way.
    >
    > I still don't see why ABS would not work for you. I choose that system
    > precisely because of the things you are having problems with.
    >
    > Maybe you should just make your very own Jerry Stuckle distro?

    As I said. I have no direct access to the VPS. I can have my hosting
    company install almost any public distro. However, I DO NOT NEED A
    PRE-DEFINED PACKAGE SYSTEM. That's what you don't seem to understand.

    These systems are fine when they fit the mold. But there are times when
    they don't. That's where I come in.

    So no, you are not answering my question. You are answering a question
    I never asked. But you think you know my needs and my customer better
    than I do.

    If you can't answer my question, then please don't bother replying.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address

  2. Re: Which distro?

    Baho Utot wrote:
    > Jerry Stuckle wrote:
    >
    > [putolin]
    >
    >>> The difference between a package-free installation and your setup is
    >>> that you've created your own 'package', which nothing else can or will
    >>> know about. This is begging for pain.

    >> For you, maybe. But not for someone who's been administering Unix for
    >> over 25 years - long before either Linux or packages.
    >>
    >> So rather than tell me what I should be doing because YOU depend on
    >> package systems, please just answer my question.
    >>
    >> This is exactly why I hesitated asking in this newsgroup.
    >>

    > www.distrowatch.org
    >
    > You happy now?

    Which I checked long before asking here, and didn't tell me what I need
    to know.

    Listen - it's obvious this was the wrong place to ask. I knew it before
    asking, but thought I would give you guys the benefit of the doubt.

    The only decent response I've gotten is from Keith Keller, who did
    answer my question. And I do appreciate that, Keith. I have been
    considering Slackware, but have never installed that one. Looks like it
    may be time, however.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address
    Jerry Stuckle
    JDS Computer Training Corp.
    jstucklex@attglobal.net
    ==================

  3. Re: Which distro?

    John Hasler wrote:
    > Nico Kadel-Garcia writes:
    >> My UNIX experience goes back to.... goodness. Minix.

    > And mine goes back to System III and 4.2BSD. I've administered Unix
    > without package management, and with it. With is better. The key word,
    > however, is _with_. Against won't work.

    A relative youngster.

    > This is for Debian, but the same basic approach will work for any major
    > distribution:
    >
    > 1) Install the Standard system.
    > 2) Install the build-essential package.
    > 3) Remove the package-management packages. You'll need to use "--force",
    > but it can be done.
    > 4) Download, alter, and compile upstream packages to your heart's content.
    > 5) When you need to update any of the packages initially installed in
    > step 1 or 2 do as in step 4.
    >
    > Most of us learned to stop pounding our heads against this particular brick
    > wall years ago, but some people evidently enjoy these things...

    Which is why I want a package-less installation. Then I don't have to
    fight the package system for a unique install.

    Don't get me wrong - I use Debian's package system for a bunch of sites.
    But it doesn't work under all conditions. Which is one of the
    problems with packaged systems.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address
    Jerry Stuckle
    JDS Computer Training Corp.
    jstucklex@attglobal.net
    ==================

  4. Re: Which distro?

    BTW I notice that he complained about upgrades causing the upgrading of
    dependant packages. The only explanation I can see for that is that he is
    using Unstable.

    On a server.
    --
    John Hasler
    john@dhh.gt.org

  5. Re: Which distro?

    John Hasler wrote:
    > BTW I notice that he complained about upgrades causing the upgrading of
    > dependant packages. The only explanation I can see for that is that he is
    > using Unstable.
    >
    > On a server.

    Not at all. Using stable. But upgrading some of the packages requires
    upgrading some I've replaced with my own versions. The differences in
    compiles are often significant.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address
    Jerry Stuckle
    JDS Computer Training Corp.
    jstucklex@attglobal.net
    ==================

  6. Re: Which distro?

    Jerry Stuckle wrote:

    [putolin]

    > As I said. I have no direct access to the VPS. I can have my hosting
    > company install almost any public distro. However, I DO NOT NEED A
    > PRE-DEFINED PACKAGE SYSTEM. That's what you don't seem to understand.

    No what you don't seem to comprehend is that what you are asking for doesn't
    exist. "Any public distro" will have a package manager. That is how it
    gets installed.

    > These systems are fine when they fit the mold. But there are times when
    > they don't. That's where I come in.

    To do what?

    > So no, you are not answering my question. You are answering a question
    > I never asked. But you think you know my needs and my customer better
    > than I do.

    I didn't say that.

    > If you can't answer my question, then please don't bother replying.

    You seem not to like the proper answer, Your problem not mine or ours.

    If you need to be "the" usenet cop I think alt.www.webmaster is still open.
    But I could be wrong as I have not been to that group since you ran me out.

    I will post what I choose, my say so, not yours.

    Why did you post here if you are so brilliant? All those years of
    experience and all.

    You already knew the answer before you asked, so did you come here to pester
    people or bully?

    --
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

  7. Re: Which distro?

    John Hasler wrote:

    > BTW I notice that he complained about upgrades causing the upgrading of
    > dependant packages. The only explanation I can see for that is that he is
    > using Unstable.
    >
    > On a server.

    Or possibly that he is over writing the package manager version with his own
    and then cursing when he gets caught by the "upgrade".

    --
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

  8. Re: Which distro?

    Jerry Stuckle wrote:

    > John Hasler wrote:
    >> BTW I notice that he complained about upgrades causing the upgrading of
    >> dependant packages. The only explanation I can see for that is that he
    >> is using Unstable.
    >>
    >> On a server.

    > Not at all. Using stable. But upgrading some of the packages requires
    > upgrading some I've replaced with my own versions. The differences in
    > compiles are often significant.

    If you did it right you would not be having that trouble.

    Understand? Perhaps not.

    --
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

  9. Re: Which distro?

    Jerry Stuckle illuminated comp.os.linux.setup by typing:
    > John Hasler wrote:
    >> BTW I notice that he complained about upgrades causing the upgrading of
    >> dependant packages. The only explanation I can see for that is that he is
    >> using Unstable.
    >>
    >> On a server.

    > Not at all. Using stable. But upgrading some of the packages requires
    > upgrading some I've replaced with my own versions. The differences in
    > compiles are often significant.

    Well stick with compiling the packages that you want then.

    If you want to run package management, then do it.

    If you want to compile with "significant differences" to the one in
    any given distro, you need to forget package management and "do it
    yourelf".

    It isn't rocket science.

    Personally, I would forget about any form of compiling whatsoever and
    make your choice of distro. Choose the right one and you will rarely
    be behind.

    Also, look into server management via the likes of plesk and webmin.

    This way, the choice of distro is simply that. Your *choice*.

    If you want to go for a rock-solid server then, IMHO, you can do worse
    than go Debian. However, you mess around with custom installs of
    packages, then you will invariably break something later down the
    line.

    2+2=4 (not 5)

    --
    Moog

    “Are you going to come quietly, or do I have to use earplugs?”

  10. Re: Which distro?

    Baho Utot wrote:
    > Jerry Stuckle wrote:
    >
    > [putolin]
    >
    >> As I said. I have no direct access to the VPS. I can have my hosting
    >> company install almost any public distro. However, I DO NOT NEED A
    >> PRE-DEFINED PACKAGE SYSTEM. That's what you don't seem to understand.
    >>

    > No what you don't seem to comprehend is that what you are asking for doesn't
    > exist. "Any public distro" will have a package manager. That is how it
    > gets installed.
    >
    >> These systems are fine when they fit the mold. But there are times when
    >> they don't. That's where I come in.
    >>

    > To do what?
    >
    >> So no, you are not answering my question. You are answering a question
    >> I never asked. But you think you know my needs and my customer better
    >> than I do.

    > I didn't say that.
    >
    >> If you can't answer my question, then please don't bother replying.
    >>

    > You seem not to like the proper answer, Your problem not mine or ours.

    No, you are not answering my question. Period.

    > If you need to be "the" usenet cop I think alt.www.webmaster is still open.
    > But I could be wrong as I have not been to that group since you ran me out.

    No, I wasn't the usenet cop. But I did call you on a bunch of crap you
    posted there. But alt.www.webmaster has been all the better since you
    left. Thanks for doing so.

    > I will post what I choose, my say so, not yours.

    Yea, you never could understand people don't give a **** about what you
    have to say. But you continue to post it.

    > Why did you post here if you are so brilliant? All those years of
    > experience and all.

    Because I was looking for help from someone intelligent. Of course,
    that leaves you out.

    > You already knew the answer before you asked, so did you come here to pester
    > people or bully?

    No, I didn't. Which is why I came here asking the question. But you
    have not answered it.

    Do everyone a favor. Just go away.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address
    Jerry Stuckle
    JDS Computer Training Corp.
    jstucklex@attglobal.net
    ==================

  11. Re: Which distro?

    Baho Utot writes:
    > Or possibly that he is over writing the package manager version with his
    > own and then cursing when he gets caught by the "upgrade".

    He complained that upgrading packages resulted in dependent packages that
    he had hacked being upgraded. That doesn't happen on Stable as the only
    "upgrades" there are security fixes which are backported.
    --
    John Hasler
    john@dhh.gt.org

  12. Re: Which distro?

    Moog wrote:
    > Jerry Stuckle illuminated comp.os.linux.setup by typing:
    >> John Hasler wrote:
    >>> BTW I notice that he complained about upgrades causing the upgrading of
    >>> dependant packages. The only explanation I can see for that is that he is
    >>> using Unstable.
    >>>
    >>> On a server.

    >> Not at all. Using stable. But upgrading some of the packages requires
    >> upgrading some I've replaced with my own versions. The differences in
    >> compiles are often significant.

    > Well stick with compiling the packages that you want then.
    >
    > If you want to run package management, then do it.
    >
    > If you want to compile with "significant differences" to the one in
    > any given distro, you need to forget package management and "do it
    > yourelf".
    >
    > It isn't rocket science.

    I understand that. But as I've said many times before in this thread -
    Debian's dependencies are a major problem. I need to be able to update
    the kernal and the basic system functions, as necessary. But I need to
    be able to install my own versions of several other packages.

    For instance, right now it wants to update pam. But I've replaced pam
    with a completely different version on this system.

    > Personally, I would forget about any form of compiling whatsoever and
    > make your choice of distro. Choose the right one and you will rarely
    > be behind.

    I'm not arguing that - it's why I'm asking here which would be the best
    one. Debian is a problem.

    > Also, look into server management via the likes of plesk and webmin.

    Thanks, but I'm doing fine without them. They typically don't work with
    the custom versions - for instance, Exim with MySQL interface doesn't
    work at all either one. Neither does MySQL based pam. Or a lot of
    other things.

    > This way, the choice of distro is simply that. Your *choice*.
    >
    > If you want to go for a rock-solid server then, IMHO, you can do worse
    > than go Debian. However, you mess around with custom installs of
    > packages, then you will invariably break something later down the
    > line.
    >
    > 2+2=4 (not 5)

    But I need the custom packages to meet customer requirements. To me,
    the best solution would be a basic system - enough to run, and that's
    all. The only networking could be ftp/ssh (because I don't have
    physical access to the server). Everything else I would install myself,
    from compiler to email to web server.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address
    Jerry Stuckle
    JDS Computer Training Corp.
    jstucklex@attglobal.net
    ==================

  13. Re: Which distro?

    Jerry Stuckle wrote:

    > Baho Utot wrote:
    >> Jerry Stuckle wrote:
    >>
    >> [putolin]
    >>
    >>> As I said. I have no direct access to the VPS. I can have my hosting
    >>> company install almost any public distro. However, I DO NOT NEED A
    >>> PRE-DEFINED PACKAGE SYSTEM. That's what you don't seem to understand.
    >>>

    >> No what you don't seem to comprehend is that what you are asking for
    >> doesn't
    >> exist. "Any public distro" will have a package manager. That is how it
    >> gets installed.
    >>
    >>> These systems are fine when they fit the mold. But there are times when
    >>> they don't. That's where I come in.
    >>>

    >> To do what?
    >>
    >>> So no, you are not answering my question. You are answering a question
    >>> I never asked. But you think you know my needs and my customer better
    >>> than I do.

    >> I didn't say that.
    >>
    >>> If you can't answer my question, then please don't bother replying.
    >>>

    >> You seem not to like the proper answer, Your problem not mine or ours.
    >>

    > No, you are not answering my question. Period.

    Yes I did, the same as the others.

    You don't like the true answer.

    >> If you need to be "the" usenet cop I think alt.www.webmaster is still
    >> open. But I could be wrong as I have not been to that group since you ran
    >> me out.
    >>

    > No, I wasn't the usenet cop. But I did call you on a bunch of crap you
    > posted there. But alt.www.webmaster has been all the better since you
    > left. Thanks for doing so.
    >

    >> I will post what I choose, my say so, not yours.
    >>

    > Yea, you never could understand people don't give a **** about what you
    > have to say. But you continue to post it.
    >
    >> Why did you post here if you are so brilliant? All those years of
    >> experience and all.
    >>

    > Because I was looking for help from someone intelligent. Of course,
    > that leaves you out.
    >
    >> You already knew the answer before you asked, so did you come here to
    >> pester people or bully?
    >>

    > No, I didn't. Which is why I came here asking the question. But you
    > have not answered it.

    Yes I did, you just didn't like the answer.

    Lets recap. You came here to find a "public available distro" that doesn't
    have a package manager. Which doesn't exist, So I gave you a workable
    solution (Arch Linux with ABS) so as custom built packages will integrate
    nicely without too much work and all you want to do is run your mouth.

    Pretty close to true?

    If you would shut your mouth long enough to think you would realize the
    answer you have been seeking.

    You just don't understand technical things do you?

    > Do everyone a favor. Just go away.

    No

    --
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

  14. Re: Which distro?

    Baho Utot wrote:
    > Jerry Stuckle wrote:
    >
    >> Baho Utot wrote:
    >>> Jerry Stuckle wrote:
    >>>
    >>> [putolin]

    >>> No what you don't seem to comprehend is that what you are asking for
    >>> doesn't
    >>> exist. "Any public distro" will have a package manager. That is how it
    >>> gets installed.

    >>> To do what?

    >>> I didn't say that.

    >>> You seem not to like the proper answer, Your problem not mine or ours.
    >>>

    >> No, you are not answering my question. Period.
    >>

    > Yes I did, the same as the others.
    >
    > You don't like the true answer.
    >
    >>> If you need to be "the" usenet cop I think alt.www.webmaster is still
    >>> open. But I could be wrong as I have not been to that group since you ran
    >>> me out.
    >>>

    >> No, I wasn't the usenet cop. But I did call you on a bunch of crap you
    >> posted there. But alt.www.webmaster has been all the better since you
    >> left. Thanks for doing so.
    >>

    >>> I will post what I choose, my say so, not yours.
    >>>

    >> Yea, you never could understand people don't give a **** about what you
    >> have to say. But you continue to post it.
    >>
    >>> Why did you post here if you are so brilliant? All those years of
    >>> experience and all.
    >>>

    >> Because I was looking for help from someone intelligent. Of course,
    >> that leaves you out.
    >>
    >>> You already knew the answer before you asked, so did you come here to
    >>> pester people or bully?
    >>>

    >> No, I didn't. Which is why I came here asking the question. But you
    >> have not answered it.

    > Yes I did, you just didn't like the answer.
    >
    > Lets recap. You came here to find a "public available distro" that doesn't
    > have a package manager. Which doesn't exist, So I gave you a workable
    > solution (Arch Linux with ABS) so as custom built packages will integrate
    > nicely without too much work and all you want to do is run your mouth.
    >
    > Pretty close to true?

    Completely wrong. But you're too stoopid to realize it. It's why we
    chased you away from a.w.w.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address
    Jerry Stuckle
    JDS Computer Training Corp.
    jstucklex@attglobal.net
    ==================

  15. Re: Which distro?

    John Hasler wrote:
    > I wrote:
    >> BTW I notice that he complained about upgrades causing the upgrading of
    >> dependent packages. The only explanation I can see for that is that he is
    >> using Unstable.
    >>
    >> On a server.

    > Baho Utot writes:
    >> Or possibly that he is over writing the package manager version with his
    >> own and then cursing when he gets caught by the "upgrade".

    > He complained that upgrading packages resulted in dependent packages that
    > he had hacked being upgraded. That doesn't happen on Stable as the only
    > "upgrades" there are security fixes which are backported.

    Not true. I have several on stable right now which would be upgraded if
    I allowed them.

    Stable DOES get upgraded. Just not as often as test or unstable.
    Otherwise there would be no reason to have stable.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address
    Jerry Stuckle
    JDS Computer Training Corp.
    jstucklex@attglobal.net
    ==================

  16. Re: Which distro?

    Jerry Stuckle wrote:

    > Moog wrote:
    >> Jerry Stuckle illuminated comp.os.linux.setup by typing:

    >>> Not at all. Using stable. But upgrading some of the packages requires
    >>> upgrading some I've replaced with my own versions. The differences in
    >>> compiles are often significant.

    >> Well stick with compiling the packages that you want then.
    >>
    >> If you want to run package management, then do it.
    >>
    >> If you want to compile with "significant differences" to the one in
    >> any given distro, you need to forget package management and "do it
    >> yourelf".
    >>
    >> It isn't rocket science.
    >>

    > I understand that. But as I've said many times before in this thread -
    > Debian's dependencies are a major problem. I need to be able to update
    > the kernal and the basic system functions, as necessary. But I need to
    > be able to install my own versions of several other packages.
    >
    > For instance, right now it wants to update pam. But I've replaced pam
    > with a completely different version on this system.
    >
    >> Personally, I would forget about any form of compiling whatsoever and
    >> make your choice of distro. Choose the right one and you will rarely
    >> be behind.
    >>

    > I'm not arguing that - it's why I'm asking here which would be the best
    > one. Debian is a problem.
    >
    >> Also, look into server management via the likes of plesk and webmin.
    >>

    > Thanks, but I'm doing fine without them. They typically don't work with
    > the custom versions - for instance, Exim with MySQL interface doesn't
    > work at all either one. Neither does MySQL based pam. Or a lot of
    > other things.
    >
    >> This way, the choice of distro is simply that. Your *choice*.
    >>
    >> If you want to go for a rock-solid server then, IMHO, you can do worse
    >> than go Debian. However, you mess around with custom installs of
    >> packages, then you will invariably break something later down the
    >> line.
    >>
    >> 2+2=4 (not 5)
    >>

    > But I need the custom packages to meet customer requirements. To me,
    > the best solution would be a basic system - enough to run, and that's
    > all. The only networking could be ftp/ssh (because I don't have
    > physical access to the server). Everything else I would install myself,
    > from compiler to email to web server.

    That would be Arch Linux.

    --
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

  17. Re: Which distro?

    John Hasler wrote:

    > I wrote:
    >> BTW I notice that he complained about upgrades causing the upgrading of
    >> dependent packages. The only explanation I can see for that is that he
    >> is using Unstable.
    >>
    >> On a server.

    > Baho Utot writes:
    >> Or possibly that he is over writing the package manager version with his
    >> own and then cursing when he gets caught by the "upgrade".

    > He complained that upgrading packages resulted in dependent packages that
    > he had hacked being upgraded. That doesn't happen on Stable as the only
    > "upgrades" there are security fixes which are backported.

    Yes but he said a lot of things that don't make sense.

    Sorry my first language is not english it is visayan, Here is what I
    understood.

    He is complaining about pam using his version and then the update come a
    long and reinstalls deb pam over his version of pam. That leads me to
    believe that he simply over wrote the deb version with his. That's stupid.
    A package that installs the deb pam as a dependency would most likely have
    the same effect.

    What he needs to do, is to do it correctly and the update would not clobber
    his version.

    --
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

  18. Re: Which distro?

    Baho Utot wrote:
    > John Hasler wrote:
    >
    >> I wrote:
    >>> BTW I notice that he complained about upgrades causing the upgrading of
    >>> dependent packages. The only explanation I can see for that is that he
    >>> is using Unstable.
    >>>
    >>> On a server.

    >> Baho Utot writes:
    >>> Or possibly that he is over writing the package manager version with his
    >>> own and then cursing when he gets caught by the "upgrade".

    >> He complained that upgrading packages resulted in dependent packages that
    >> he had hacked being upgraded. That doesn't happen on Stable as the only
    >> "upgrades" there are security fixes which are backported.

    > Yes but he said a lot of things that don't make sense.
    >
    > Sorry my first language is not english it is visayan, Here is what I
    > understood.
    >
    > He is complaining about pam using his version and then the update come a
    > long and reinstalls deb pam over his version of pam. That leads me to
    > believe that he simply over wrote the deb version with his. That's stupid.
    > A package that installs the deb pam as a dependency would most likely have
    > the same effect.
    >
    > What he needs to do, is to do it correctly and the update would not clobber
    > his version.

    You really don't know what you're talking about, Baho. But that's normal.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address
    Jerry Stuckle
    JDS Computer Training Corp.
    jstucklex@attglobal.net
    ==================

  19. Re: Which distro?

    Baho Utot writes:
    > Yes but he said a lot of things that don't make sense.

    This is true.

    > Sorry my first language is not english it is visayan,

    Your english is excellent.

    > That leads me to believe that he simply over wrote the deb version with
    > his. That's stupid.

    Remarkably so.
    --
    John Hasler
    john@dhh.gt.org

  20. Re: Which distro?

    Jerry Stuckle wrote:

    [putolin]

    >>> No, you are not answering my question. Period.
    >>>

    >> Yes I did, the same as the others.
    >>
    >> You don't like the true answer.

    >>> No, I wasn't the usenet cop. But I did call you on a bunch of crap you
    >>> posted there. But alt.www.webmaster has been all the better since you
    >>> left. Thanks for doing so.

    >>> Yea, you never could understand people don't give a **** about what you
    >>> have to say. But you continue to post it.

    >>> Because I was looking for help from someone intelligent. Of course,
    >>> that leaves you out.

    >>> No, I didn't. Which is why I came here asking the question. But you
    >>> have not answered it.

    >> Yes I did, you just didn't like the answer.
    >>
    >> Lets recap. You came here to find a "public available distro" that
    >> doesn't
    >> have a package manager. Which doesn't exist, So I gave you a workable
    >> solution (Arch Linux with ABS) so as custom built packages will integrate
    >> nicely without too much work and all you want to do is run your mouth.
    >>
    >> Pretty close to true?
    >>

    > Completely wrong. But you're too stoopid to realize it. It's why we
    > chased you away from a.w.w.

    Really?

    Here is what you posted

    So, what I'm looking for is a distro where I can install as little as
    possible - if possible, just the basic OS (with networking, etc.).
    Additional packages I will compile and install myself.

    Any suggestions as to which would be the best distro for this?

    Lets see some package manager driven distros fits that with a minimal
    install.

    Arch linux... you make you own custom packages and it won't clobber your
    custom packages on an upgrade. Base install is just GCC tool chain and
    networking. Fits perfect.

    DSL maybe fits that question

    So I did not answer your question?

    IF I got it wrong then you didn't ask the right question

    Possible?

    --
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy