Does Fedora 9 have disk utility to "shrink" windows partition? - Setup

This is a discussion on Does Fedora 9 have disk utility to "shrink" windows partition? - Setup ; I'd like to install Fedora 9 on my PC, but I first need to install windows XP. Is there a utility with Fedora 9 which will allow me to shrink the windows partition, and allow me to create a new ...

  1. Does Fedora 9 have disk utility to "shrink" windows partition?

    I'd like to install Fedora 9 on my PC, but I first need to install windows
    XP. Is there a utility with Fedora 9 which will allow me to shrink the
    windows partition, and allow me to create a new linux partition, and
    install linux in it, then dual boot both?

    -Thanks

  2. Re: Does Fedora 9 have disk utility to "shrink" windows partition?

    Fred wrote:
    > I'd like to install Fedora 9 on my PC, but I first need to install windows
    > XP. Is there a utility with Fedora 9 which will allow me to shrink the
    > windows partition, and allow me to create a new linux partition, and
    > install linux in it, then dual boot both?

    I *think* as long as you defragment the partition first, the standard
    install partitioner can do it. I'd read the documentation on the CD just to
    make sure, first though, if I were you.

    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  3. Re: Does Fedora 9 have disk utility to "shrink" windows partition?

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > Fred wrote:
    >> I'd like to install Fedora 9 on my PC, but I first need to install windows
    >> XP. Is there a utility with Fedora 9 which will allow me to shrink the
    >> windows partition, and allow me to create a new linux partition, and
    >> install linux in it, then dual boot both?

    > I *think* as long as you defragment the partition first, the standard
    > install partitioner can do it. I'd read the documentation on the CD just to
    > make sure, first though, if I were you.

    Or you can boot a live CD and use gparted (or parted if you know how to
    use it - I prefer the GUI).

+ Reply to Thread