Automagic may be a bore -- - Setup

This is a discussion on Automagic may be a bore -- - Setup ; Deal all, Still lenny, still gnome, the file manager has decided that my tex files were matlab files :-( Ok, these are partial tex files, to be included in the master one, but still, this is a major bore. When ...

  1. Automagic may be a bore --

    Deal all,

    Still lenny, still gnome, the file manager
    has decided that my tex files were matlab files :-(
    Ok, these are partial tex files, to be included
    in the master one, but still, this is a major
    bore. When I click on such a file, it goes
    rambling on the danger of opening files that
    look like matlab stuff and are declared as
    tex one.
    How can I override once and for all this
    behaviour ?? There used to be a place directly
    linked with the file manager where one could
    declare one's own MIME type, but this is
    no more the case (a truly bad idea: the developers
    should know that they may overlook something).
    If I could I would cancel all matlab files
    recognition since I don't have any such files.
    Ideas welcomed!
    Best,
    Amities,
    Olivier

  2. Re: Automagic may be a bore --

    Olivier :

    > Still lenny, still gnome, the file manager has decided that my
    > tex files were matlab files :-(

    Check out gconf-editor.

  3. Re: Automagic may be a bore --

    Thanks for the pointer.

    Could not find anything concerning mime types,
    and nautilus (the file manager) does not seem
    to have relevant variables --
    I'll keep investigating but if any further
    ideas arise, don't hesitate :-)

    (I can't even decide that, concerning this-precise-file,
    I want it to be always opened with emacs -()
    A.O.

+ Reply to Thread