CentOS 3.9 installation problem - Setup

This is a discussion on CentOS 3.9 installation problem - Setup ; I'm having some problems getting CentOS 3.9 x84_64 installed. Hardware is a Dell 7400 with a Quadro FX570 graphics card and USB keyboard/mouse. I followed the installation through, leaving the graphics card choice as default VESA and setting the screen ...

  1. CentOS 3.9 installation problem

    I'm having some problems getting CentOS 3.9 x84_64 installed.
    Hardware is a Dell 7400 with a Quadro FX570 graphics card
    and USB keyboard/mouse.

    I followed the installation through, leaving the graphics card
    choice as default VESA and setting the screen to LCD 1680x1050.
    All seemed to go fine. However when I boot, after the usual
    messages it gets to new hardware checking and runs kudzu,
    asking to press any key. Unfortunately the keyboard does not
    respond.

    It then goes on to complete booting, tries to start the X server
    and says there is a problem... but again the keyboard is not
    working to continue.

    Any ideas? Keyboard worked just fine during the installation!

  2. Re: CentOS 3.9 installation problem

    KeithS wrote:

    > I'm having some problems getting CentOS 3.9 x84_64 installed.
    > Hardware is a Dell 7400 with a Quadro FX570 graphics card
    > and USB keyboard/mouse.
    >
    > I followed the installation through, leaving the graphics card
    > choice as default VESA and setting the screen to LCD 1680x1050.
    > All seemed to go fine. However when I boot, after the usual
    > messages it gets to new hardware checking and runs kudzu,
    > asking to press any key. Unfortunately the keyboard does not
    > respond.
    >
    > It then goes on to complete booting, tries to start the X server
    > and says there is a problem... but again the keyboard is not
    > working to continue.
    >
    > Any ideas? Keyboard worked just fine during the installation!

    Sure... Actual version is 5.1.

  3. Re: CentOS 3.9 installation problem

    "F8BOE" wrote in message
    > KeithS wrote:
    >
    > > I'm having some problems getting CentOS 3.9 x84_64 installed.
    > > Hardware is a Dell 7400 with a Quadro FX570 graphics card
    > > and USB keyboard/mouse.
    > >
    > > I followed the installation through, leaving the graphics card
    > > choice as default VESA and setting the screen to LCD 1680x1050.
    > > All seemed to go fine. However when I boot, after the usual
    > > messages it gets to new hardware checking and runs kudzu,
    > > asking to press any key. Unfortunately the keyboard does not
    > > respond.
    > >
    > > It then goes on to complete booting, tries to start the X server
    > > and says there is a problem... but again the keyboard is not
    > > working to continue.
    > >
    > > Any ideas? Keyboard worked just fine during the installation!

    > Sure... Actual version is 5.1.

    I agree. Why use such an old distro???

+ Reply to Thread