setting up a proxy server for in house network in fedora? - Setup

This is a discussion on setting up a proxy server for in house network in fedora? - Setup ; I need some guidance in setting up a proxy server on fedora core for an inhouse system to filter web access using Dan Guardian software. Any suggestions. I border between linux newb and casual user....

  1. setting up a proxy server for in house network in fedora?

    I need some guidance in setting up a proxy server on fedora core for
    an inhouse system to filter web access using Dan Guardian software.
    Any suggestions. I border between linux newb and casual user.

  2. Re: setting up a proxy server for in house network in fedora?

    mike2400@gmail.com wrote:

    > I need some guidance in setting up a proxy server on fedora core for
    > an inhouse system to filter web access using Dan Guardian software.
    > Any suggestions. I border between linux newb and casual user.

    So... you want a filter proxy? I dumped dans guardian for squidguard years
    ago.

    Here's how i set it up: http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_squid/squidGuard

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  3. Re: setting up a proxy server for in house network in fedora?

    mike2400@gmail.com wrote:
    > I need some guidance in setting up a proxy server on fedora core for
    > an inhouse system to filter web access using Dan Guardian software.
    > Any suggestions. I border between linux newb and casual user.

    Please use google linux at the universal resource locater listred below
    to to your research in the feature.

    HTTP://www.google.com/linux

    You may also find these link helpful in your quest.

    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ser...guard-fc4.html

    Thanks,

    Porter Fire Ant) Smith

  4. Re: setting up a proxy server for in house network in fedora?

    On May 3, 12:31*am, mike2...@gmail.com wrote:
    > I need some guidance in setting up aproxyserver on fedora core for
    > an inhouse system to filter web access using Dan Guardian software.
    > Any suggestions. *I border between linux newb and casual user.

    Check out these howtos
    http://howtoforge.com/trip_search?ke...squid+tids%3A9

+ Reply to Thread