FTP through a proxy - Setup

This is a discussion on FTP through a proxy - Setup ; Hi, I am trying to access a site through ftp. I've run the following commands; export ftp_proxy=http:// :8080 export http_proxy=http:// :8080 But still when I try to access the ftp site through the command ftp it waits indefinitely. Even commands ...

  1. FTP through a proxy

    Hi,

    I am trying to access a site through ftp. I've run the following
    commands;

    export ftp_proxy=http://:8080
    export http_proxy=http://:8080

    But still when I try to access the ftp site through the command ftp
    it waits indefinitely.

    Even commands like 'curl www.google.com' or 'wget www.google.com' are
    also not going through.

    I am using RHEL 4 linux machine. The proxy server is a windows box. Is
    there any other setting I need to check?

    Thanks,
    Sankar

  2. Re: FTP through a proxy

    Sankar wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to access a site through ftp. I've run the following
    > commands;
    >
    > export ftp_proxy=http://:8080
    > export http_proxy=http://:8080

    Different programs use different environment variables for proxy setups. Can
    you try:

    export ftp_proxy=http://:8080
    export http_proxy=http://:8080
    export FTP_PROXY=http://:8080
    export HTTP_PROXY=http://:8080

    > But still when I try to access the ftp site through the command ftp
    > it waits indefinitely.
    >
    > Even commands like 'curl www.google.com' or 'wget www.google.com' are
    > also not going through.
    >
    > I am using RHEL 4 linux machine. The proxy server is a windows box. Is
    > there any other setting I need to check?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Sankar

    Does this proxy work for anything else?

+ Reply to Thread