Choosing PCI IRQs - Setup

This is a discussion on Choosing PCI IRQs - Setup ; kernel 2.6.23.8 SMP I know this may well sound like a stupid question but, how can I specify or allow the kernel to pick another irq for a PCI slot? There appears to be a conflict on my mobo (MSI ...

  1. Choosing PCI IRQs

    kernel 2.6.23.8 SMP

    I know this may well sound like a stupid question but, how can I
    specify or allow the kernel to pick another irq for a PCI slot?

    There appears to be a conflict on my mobo (MSI K9MM-V) involving irq21.

    cat /proc/interrupts shows:
    21: 577646967 1 IO-APIC-fasteoi cx88[0], radeon@pci:0000:01:00.0

    cxx88 is used by a PCI DVB-T decoder and radeon refers to an AGP card.

    I'm seeing a few little problems with the DVB card that weren't present
    when used with a KM4ML mobo, which I assume is the conflict making itself
    known. Other than moving the card to another slot, can the kernel be made
    to use a different irq?

    Martin.

  2. Re: Choosing PCI IRQs

    Martin Fenelon schrieb:
    > kernel 2.6.23.8 SMP

    > I'm seeing a few little problems with the DVB card that weren't present
    > when used with a KM4ML mobo, which I assume is the conflict making itself
    > known. Other than moving the card to another slot, can the kernel be made
    > to use a different irq?

    Maybe look around:

    http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_boo...tion/re95.html

    Martin