pxe/dhcp/router - Setup

This is a discussion on pxe/dhcp/router - Setup ; Hi, I would like to (try to) use a linux pxe-server for a local network in which the router functions as DHCP-server. Is that possible? Does the DHCP-server have to know the pxe-Server? Oskar...

  1. pxe/dhcp/router

    Hi,
    I would like to (try to) use a linux pxe-server for a local network in
    which the router functions as DHCP-server.

    Is that possible? Does the DHCP-server have to know the pxe-Server?

    Oskar

  2. Re: pxe/dhcp/router

    On Mar 15, 9:57*pm, "Oskar von dem Hagen"
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I would like to (try to) use a linux pxe-server for a local network in *
    > which the router functions as DHCP-server.
    >
    > Is that possible? Does the DHCP-server have to know the pxe-Server?
    >
    > Oskar

    I believe the DHCP server must tell the client the name of the file to
    request. And I suspect the router will not deliver that. There is
    the "next-server" DHCP parameter which explains where the tftp/bootp
    server can be found when the DHCP server is not the same as the bootp
    server.

+ Reply to Thread