Switching to left-handed mouse - Setup

This is a discussion on Switching to left-handed mouse - Setup ; I know how to do this in gnome and kde but what about other window managers. Specifically Window Maker and fluxbox. I'm assuming there is no single place I can do this for all the window managers. thanks a bunch ...

  1. Switching to left-handed mouse

    I know how to do this in gnome and kde but what about other window
    managers. Specifically Window Maker and fluxbox. I'm assuming there
    is no single place I can do this for all the window managers.

    thanks a bunch in advance.

  2. Re: Switching to left-handed mouse

    sadf :
    > I know how to do this in gnome and kde but what about other window
    > managers. Specifically Window Maker and fluxbox. I'm assuming there
    > is no single place I can do this for all the window managers.

    I use startx at the command line. That slurps in my ~/.xinitrc, which
    includes:

    usermodmap=$HOME/.Xmodmap
    if [ -f $usermodmap ]; then
    xmodmap $usermodmap
    else
    # fix the mouse at least.
    #
    /usr/bin/X11/xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1" # 4 5 6 7 8 9
    fi

  3. Re: Switching to left-handed mouse

    On 2008-03-16, sadf wrote:
    > I know how to do this in gnome and kde but what about other window
    > managers. Specifically Window Maker and fluxbox. I'm assuming there
    > is no single place I can do this for all the window managers.

    Adjust the numbers as required (3 2 1 is the operative part):

    xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1 6 7 4 5"

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson, author |
    2005, Apress | GNU General Public Licence

+ Reply to Thread