DSL-N Ignorant novice needs help configuring wi-fi - Setup

This is a discussion on DSL-N Ignorant novice needs help configuring wi-fi - Setup ; I recently installed DSL-N on an old lappy. I have a wi-fi card, a DWL-G650, and it seems to be working okay (LEDs flashing etc...). As for configuring wi-fi access, I'm stuck. Linux is not my familiar stomping ground; I'm ...

  1. DSL-N Ignorant novice needs help configuring wi-fi

    I recently installed DSL-N on an old lappy. I have a wi-fi card, a
    DWL-G650, and it seems to be working okay (LEDs flashing etc...).

    As for configuring wi-fi access, I'm stuck. Linux is not my familiar
    stomping ground; I'm more at home with the rounded icons of OSX.

    The wireless connection is provided by an airport express base-station.
    Here's what I know about it:

    I know the name of the network. I know its IP address. I know it has WPA
    Personal security and is protected by a password.

    There are three programs in DSL-N that look relevant to my needs. They
    are: netcardconfig, iwconfig, wlcardconfig. But as far as using them,
    I'm completely at a loss.

    Could someone hold my hand and give me a step-by-step guide to
    configuring this thing? I could really do with the help.

    --

    I need more time!

  2. Re: DSL-N Ignorant novice needs help configuring wi-fi

    I am no longer at a loss. Problem solved.

    A R wrote:

    > There are three programs in DSL-N that look relevant to my needs. They
    > are: netcardconfig, iwconfig, wlcardconfig. But as far as using them,
    > I'm completely at a loss.
    >
    > Could someone hold my hand and give me a step-by-step guide to
    > configuring this thing? I could really do with the help.

    --

    I need more time!

+ Reply to Thread