PXE Stack - Setup

This is a discussion on PXE Stack - Setup ; Hi Folks, I have a variety of machines and not all of them have a PXE ROM on the NIC. My searches have discovered many references to burning a PROM for the NIC and the server side compliment with pxelinux.0, ...

  1. PXE Stack

    Hi Folks,

    I have a variety of machines and not all of them have a PXE ROM on the
    NIC. My searches have discovered many references to burning a PROM
    for the NIC and the server side compliment with pxelinux.0, but no
    soft PXE stack for the client.

    Does anybody know of a PXE stack that can be put on a variety of media
    other than the NIC ROM... Media such as floppy, CD iso image, or USB
    flash drive?

    Chris.

  2. Re: PXE Stack

    In article ,
    Chris writes:
    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > I have a variety of machines and not all of them have a PXE ROM on the
    > NIC. My searches have discovered many references to burning a PROM
    > for the NIC and the server side compliment with pxelinux.0, but no
    > soft PXE stack for the client.
    >
    > Does anybody know of a PXE stack that can be put on a variety of media
    > other than the NIC ROM... Media such as floppy, CD iso image, or USB
    > flash drive?

    You can build a PXE-bootfoppy with the etherboot package.
    At http://rom-o-matic.net/ you can build a customized etherboot-rom.
    Its also to use with the floppyloader.

    --
    MFG Gernot