VFS:unable to mount root fs on 00:00 - Setup

This is a discussion on VFS:unable to mount root fs on 00:00 - Setup ; Hai All,my pc having red hat release 9 ver.and kernel-2.4.did the recompile of kernel,while booting it shows some kernel panic; VFS: unable to mount root fs on 00:00 please append a correct "root"=boot option VFS: cannot open root device "LABEL=/" ...

  1. VFS:unable to mount root fs on 00:00

    Hai All,my pc having red hat release 9 ver.and kernel-2.4.did the
    recompile of kernel,while booting it shows some kernel panic;

    VFS: unable to mount root fs on 00:00
    please append a correct "root"=boot option
    VFS: cannot open root device "LABEL=/" or 00:00

  2. Re: VFS:unable to mount root fs on 00:00

    On Mar 12, 5:21 am, venu wrote:
    > Hai All,my pc having red hat release 9 ver.and kernel-2.4.did the
    > recompile of kernel,while booting it shows some kernel panic;
    >
    > VFS: unable to mount root fs on 00:00
    > please append a correct "root"=boot option
    > VFS: cannot open root device "LABEL=/" or 00:00

    You can change the LABEL to real physical name, like /dev/hda1. Try
    it.

  3. Re: VFS:unable to mount root fs on 00:00

    On Mar 12, 2:21*am, venu wrote:
    > Hai All,my pc having red hat release 9 ver.and kernel-2.4.did the
    > recompile of kernel,while booting it shows some kernel panic;
    >
    > * * *VFS: unable to mount root fs on 00:00
    > * * *please append a correct "root"=boot option
    > * * *VFS: cannot open root device "LABEL=/" or 00:00

    This will happen when your initrd.img does not agree with your
    vmlinix. You can refresh these by copying them from several places in
    your distribution. On RedHat you would look in isolinux, images/
    boot.iso/isolinux and images/pxelinux.

    Chris.

+ Reply to Thread