X problem: failsafe has become the default - Setup

This is a discussion on X problem: failsafe has become the default - Setup ; I have had a perfectly good working Ubuntu 7.10 system with the nvidia driver. Until I bought a new mouse and edited the mouse section of xorg.conf (though I'm not convinced that has anything to do with it - it ...

  1. X problem: failsafe has become the default

    I have had a perfectly good working Ubuntu 7.10 system with the nvidia
    driver. Until I bought a new mouse and edited the mouse section of
    xorg.conf (though I'm not convinced that has anything to do with it - it was
    something else involved in the reboot I'm sure) I had 1280x1024.

    The mouse works fine, but X now insists on using xorg.conf.failsafe instead
    of xorg.conf. Neither a complete re-configuration of X, nor a re-boot, nor
    re-starting X from the login screen (ctrl-alt-Backsp) will shift it back to
    the normal xorg.conf setup.

    Something, somewhere is passing the 'failsafe' option to the xserver.

    Anyone any ideas how I can make it use the normal conf file? I'm fed up
    with 800x600.

    - Richard.
    --
    Richard Kimber
    http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/

  2. Re: X problem: failsafe has become the default

    Richard Kimber wrote:

    Sorry I didn't mean to post the second message

    --
    Richard Kimber
    http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/

+ Reply to Thread