Open Source Software Research - Setup

This is a discussion on Open Source Software Research - Setup ; Dear Open Source Software Participant: You are invited to participate in a OSS research survey conducted by Professor Weiling Ke at Clarkson University and Professor Ping Zhang at Syracuse University. Currently, we are examining factors that motivate people's participation in ...

  1. Open Source Software Research

    Dear Open Source Software Participant:

    You are invited to participate in a OSS research survey conducted by
    Professor Weiling Ke at Clarkson University and Professor Ping Zhang
    at Syracuse University. Currently, we are examining factors that
    motivate people's participation in the Open Source Software (OSS)
    community. Your response is critical to our research and will be
    highly appreciated!

    Here is a link to the survey:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...JBpr4ysA_3d_3d

    Thanks for your participation!

    Sincerely yours,

    Weiling Ke

  2. Re: Open Source Software Research

    On 11 Nov, 11:34, wlk...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Dear Open Source Software Participant:
    >
    > You are invited to participate in a OSS research survey conducted by
    > Professor Weiling Ke at Clarkson University and Professor Ping Zhang
    > at Syracuse University. Currently, we are examining factors that
    > motivate people's participation in the Open Source Software (OSS)
    > community. Your response is critical to our research and will be
    > highly appreciated!
    >
    > Here is a link to the survey:http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...JBpr4ysA_3d_3d
    >
    > Thanks for your participation!
    >
    > Sincerely yours,
    >
    > Weiling Ke

    This message is off-topic, unsolicited, and bulk, I'm going after your
    accounts at gmail, your service at www.surveymonkey.com and your
    university accounts for spamming.

    In case it's not clear that this is unaccapteable, this is the policy
    at www.surveymonkeys.com:

    What is your policy on spam?
    SurveyMonkey does not tolerate spam that either originates from our
    servers, or spam that includes a link to SurveyMonkey.

    Here is the section that deals with spam located under our Terms of
    Use:

    In addition, if subscribers choose to have SurveyMonkey send out
    emails on their behalf, then all subscribers must agree to the Terms
    of Use or Anti-Spamming agreement before the first message is
    delivered from the account.

    10. NO SPAMMING.
    Member acknowledges and agrees that SurveyMonkey.com is serving as
    "survey host" and is not the sender or originator of any survey. From
    time to time, SurveyMonkey.com may solicit feedback on services
    provided by the site. Member warrants and promises that Member either
    has an ongoing business or personal relationship with or has obtained
    consents to send emails inviting participation in a survey to the
    persons on the Member's own email list or such lists purchased from a
    third party. Member further warrants that Member's use of the Site or
    Service will not violate any spamming, junk mail or other related laws
    or regulations prohibiting or discouraging unsolicited mail. When the
    Member enters email information for survey recipients or establishes
    email lists in the personal Address Book, that information remains
    untouched and private. The Member's password protects that
    information. SurveyMonkey.com never discloses that information and if
    it ever wanted to, SurveyMonkey.com would get express approval from
    the Member. However, if the Member breaches the Terms of Agreement,
    SurveyMonkey.com will report such conduct to the appropriate
    authorities and turn over any and all information, including
    personally identifying information, to appropriate persons or
    entities.

    Kiss your survey good-bye for failing to read the acceptable policies.

+ Reply to Thread