Booting Problem - Setup

This is a discussion on Booting Problem - Setup ; I am using Windows XP and Edubuntu 7.04 in my system. Using explore2fs software in XP i am tried to write a file into linux filesystem(ext3). but it failed, after that i restarted my system. During booting, it shows an ...

  1. Booting Problem

    I am using Windows XP and Edubuntu 7.04 in my system. Using
    explore2fs software in XP i am tried to write a file into linux
    filesystem(ext3). but it failed, after that i restarted my system.
    During booting, it shows an error in boot loader "GRUB Stage 2:
    Failed " How to recovery my boot loader? Is it possible to install
    boot loader without installing the linux? Please help me to recover my
    system.

  2. Re: Booting Problem

    try to reinstall grub.
    there is a software named "Grub4DOS",you can use grub after using dos boot
    ,type this in grub command-line:

    root (hdx, y)
    kernel (hdx, y)/boot/yourkernelname ro root=/dev/hdxx
    setup (hdx)

+ Reply to Thread