iconv in batch mode - Setup

This is a discussion on iconv in batch mode - Setup ; Is there a way of running iconv in batch mode? What I want to do is to convert all HTML files in a directory and subdirectories from iso-Latin to UTF-8 Thanks...

  1. iconv in batch mode

    Is there a way of running iconv in batch mode?

    What I want to do is to convert all HTML files in a directory and
    subdirectories from iso-Latin to UTF-8

    Thanks

  2. Re: iconv in batch mode

    1001 Webs wrote:

    > Is there a way of running iconv in batch mode?
    >
    > What I want to do is to convert all HTML files in a directory and
    > subdirectories from iso-Latin to UTF-8
    >
    > Thanks

    Here is what I would do:

    mkdir new
    for a in `ls -R *`; do iconv -f iso-8859-1 -t utf-8 <"$a" >new/"$a" ; done

+ Reply to Thread