Selinux problems after rsnapshot restoration on RHEL 5 - Setup

This is a discussion on Selinux problems after rsnapshot restoration on RHEL 5 - Setup ; I'm running Xen guest domains, and backing them up with rsnapshot. When I've first attempted a bare metal restoration, I'm finding that SELinux is preventing SSH attempts into the restored OS. The system was a brand new Xen guest domain, ...

  1. Selinux problems after rsnapshot restoration on RHEL 5

    I'm running Xen guest domains, and backing them up with rsnapshot.
    When I've first attempted a bare metal restoration, I'm finding that
    SELinux is preventing SSH attempts into the restored OS.

    The system was a brand new Xen guest domain, from RHEL 5 media. The
    rsnapshot was of a clean OS, and restored directly onto a new
    partition.

    But when I SSH to the restored system, I see this. Turning off SELinux
    enables me to log in, but I'm not sure how to best restore SELinux for
    the restored system.

    ssh targethhost

    nkadel@targethost:
    Warning: Your password will expire in 4 days.
    Last login: Wed Oct 24 15:15:02 2007 from mymachine.localdomain

    /bin/bash: Permission denied

  2. Re: Selinux problems after rsnapshot restoration on RHEL 5

    On 25 Oct, 17:32, Nico wrote:
    > I'm running Xen guest domains, and backing them up with rsnapshot.
    > When I've first attempted a bare metal restoration, I'm finding that
    > SELinux is preventing SSH attempts into the restored OS.
    >
    > The system was a brand new Xen guest domain, from RHEL 5 media. The
    > rsnapshot was of a clean OS, and restored directly onto a new
    > partition.
    >
    > But when I SSH to the restored system, I see this. Turning off SELinux
    > enables me to log in, but I'm not sure how to best restore SELinux for
    > the restored system.
    >
    > ssh targethhost
    >
    > nkadel@targethost:
    > Warning: Your password will expire in 4 days.
    > Last login: Wed Oct 24 15:15:02 2007 from mymachine.localdomain
    >
    > /bin/bash: Permission denied

    OK, I found a complete hack workaround. Remove the SELinux toolset,
    including selinux-policy packages, setools, etc. and re-install them.
    This seems to reset things correctly. You still need to re-activate
    SELinux if you do this, but it works.

+ Reply to Thread