How to find out if the kernel is 32-bit or 64-bit. - Setup

This is a discussion on How to find out if the kernel is 32-bit or 64-bit. - Setup ; Folks, I have a system that has FC 6 installed on it. Someone else installed FC 6 on it and was supposed to install 64-bit. How do I find out if it is a 32-bit or 64-bit kernel? Thanks. -- ...

  1. How to find out if the kernel is 32-bit or 64-bit.

    --
    Hemant Shah /"\ ASCII ribbon campaign
    E-mail: NoJunkMailshah@xnet.com \ / ---------------------

  2. Re: How to find out if the kernel is 32-bit or 64-bit.

    On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:45:48 +0000, Hemant Shah wrote:

    > Folks,
    >
    > I have a system that has FC 6 installed on it. Someone else installed FC 6
    > on it and was supposed to install 64-bit. How do I find out if it is a
    > 32-bit or 64-bit kernel?
    >
    > Thanks.

    `uname -a` might tell you.

  3. Re: How to find out if the kernel is 32-bit or 64-bit.

    On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:45:48 +0000, Hemant Shah wrote:

    > Folks,
    >
    > I have a system that has FC 6 installed on it. Someone else installed
    > FC 6 on it and was supposed to install 64-bit. How do I find out if it
    > is a 32-bit or 64-bit kernel?

    uname -m

+ Reply to Thread