Vista booting problem - Setup

This is a discussion on Vista booting problem - Setup ; Hello, could anyone help me with this booting problem. I bought a laptop with Vista preinstalle (rather which installs on first power on). Foolishly i made some free space from C: drive and installed XP (into F to see if ...

  1. Vista booting problem

    Hello,

    could anyone help me with this booting problem.

    I bought a laptop with Vista preinstalle (rather which installs on first
    power on). Foolishly i made some free space from C: drive and
    installed XP (into F to see if it works. Now by default it boots XP. So I
    thought it may be a MBR problem so I installed Linux (xubuntu) in the last
    available free space. i thought grub will recognize the partitions..and I
    can boot Vista. Now I do get two entries for Vista on the start menu, with
    one of them which boots XP and the other entry causes the recovery partition
    to be invoked..!

    Now I wonder what exactly happened when I installed XP ? Any way to reboot
    Vista without reinstallation..?

    In Vista I had used EasyBCD to configure the boot loader entries. EasyBCD
    gui does not work on XP, but the command line executable on XP
    stll shows the entries show that the bcd entries are present. C: (Vista
    partition is still the bootable partition).

    Regards,
    Ravishankar

  2. Re: Vista booting problem

    On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 18:45:04 +0530, Ravishankar S wrote:

    >Hello,

    >could anyone help me with this booting problem.

    No. Please quit multiposting.

+ Reply to Thread