Writing scripts in Linux - Setup

This is a discussion on Writing scripts in Linux - Setup ; Hi Guys, Generally it is considered hard to write scripts. But it's not that difficult. Here is an interesting article which explains how to write scripts in a very simple way. A must read http://www.knowurtech.com/linux/writing_scripts.html In general also i found ...

  1. Writing scripts in Linux

    Hi Guys,
    Generally it is considered hard to write scripts. But it's not that
    difficult. Here is an interesting article which

    explains how to write scripts in a very simple way. A must read

    http://www.knowurtech.com/linux/writing_scripts.html

    In general also i found this site quite interesting.
    Cheers!!
    Dinesh

  2. Re: Writing scripts in Linux

    Cisco_King wrote:
    > Hi Guys,
    > Generally it is considered hard to write scripts. But it's not that
    > difficult. Here is an interesting article which
    >
    > explains how to write scripts in a very simple way. A must read
    >
    > http://www.knowurtech.com/linux/writing_scripts.html

    Without reading it a long time ago my son was trying to convince me to learn C
    and he said after I learned to write script files C would appear both simple and
    obvious. I never need to use C (Turbo Pascal is my working language from
    freepascal.com) So I can't claim he was right.

    I can say that I picked up the linux shell script and the associated programs
    like sort and gawk and was able to replicate some four months of Pascal
    programming in a single day. Do not consider this a brag. Consider this as a
    what anyone can do in a similar ratio regardless of a brag.

    If anyone wants to disagree, I can release the source on both. I really have no
    interest in BSing folks.

    --
    You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word.
    -- The Iron Webmaster, 3866

+ Reply to Thread