Question about downloading Open Suse. - Setup

This is a discussion on Question about downloading Open Suse. - Setup ; Hi, Can anyone tell me why when I try to download from http://software.opensuse.org/ the 32 bit version DVD via http, I get a 404 error when I do it from Windows, but it works from Linux? -- ** Registered Linux ...

  1. Question about downloading Open Suse.

    --
    ** Registered Linux user number 451587
    ** Filtering out Google Groups sinc 2007-08-02

  2. Re: Question about downloading Open Suse.

    > Can anyone tell me why when I try to download from

    > http://software.opensuse.org/

    > the 32 bit version DVD via http, I get a 404 error when I do it from
    > Windows...

    Using what browser?

    > ...but it works from Linux?

    Using what browser?
    --
    John Hasler
    john@dhh.gt.org

  3. Re: Question about downloading Open Suse.

    On 2007-08-08, John Hasler wrote:
    >> Can anyone tell me why when I try to download from

    >> http://software.opensuse.org/

    >> the 32 bit version DVD via http, I get a 404 error when I do it from
    >> Windows...

    > Using what browser?

    IE

    >> ...but it works from Linux?

    > Using what browser?

    Firefox

    --
    ** Registered Linux user number 451587
    ** Filtering out Google Groups sinc 2007-08-02
    ** slrn user (Ubuntu and SimplyMepis) since 2007-08-05
    JohnT (my other machine tries to run Swinedows XP)

  4. Re: Question about downloading Open Suse.

    JohnT wrote:

    > On 2007-08-08, John Hasler wrote:
    >
    >>>Can anyone tell me why when I try to download from

    >>>http://software.opensuse.org/

    >>>the 32 bit version DVD via http, I get a 404 error when I do it from
    >>>Windows...

    >>Using what browser?

    > IE

    No problem here, using IE7.

    >>>...but it works from Linux?

    >>Using what browser?

    > Firefox

    What if you use Firefox in Windows (which Windows?)

    DoDi

  5. Re: Question about downloading Open Suse.

    JohnT did eloquently scribble:
    > On 2007-08-08, John Hasler wrote:
    >>> Can anyone tell me why when I try to download from

    >>> http://software.opensuse.org/

    >>> the 32 bit version DVD via http, I get a 404 error when I do it from
    >>> Windows...

    >> Using what browser?

    > IE

    Bad proxy perhaps?

    >>> ...but it works from Linux?

    >> Using what browser?

    > Firefox

    Good proxy (or no proxy setting) perhaps?