Intel 82801GBM/GHM SATA controller problem - Setup

This is a discussion on Intel 82801GBM/GHM SATA controller problem - Setup ; Hi all, I have a new PC and cannot enable the DMA on the SATA. It has an Intel 82801GBM/GHM SATA controller. Any assistance appreciated. Thanks....

  1. Intel 82801GBM/GHM SATA controller problem

    Hi all,
    I have a new PC and cannot enable the DMA on the SATA.
    It has an Intel 82801GBM/GHM SATA controller.
    Any assistance appreciated.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: Intel 82801GBM/GHM SATA controller problem

    On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 14:18:33 -0700, plenty560 wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I have a new PC and cannot enable the DMA on the SATA.
    > It has an Intel 82801GBM/GHM SATA controller.
    > Any assistance appreciated.
    > Thanks.

    AFAIK, the chipset will be programmed into an optimal mode when the kernel
    boots. If not, then using hdparm may be necessary. Be careful.

    I have recently setup a board with an Intel 965 chipset. I was
    pleasantly surprised that everything worked (and without tweaking) with a
    recent Linux kernel. I was using 2.6.21.7. What kernel are you using?

    OT: I was also pleasantly surprised that 2.6.21.7 fixed an issue with the
    sky2 network driver which was broken under 2.6.21.5. Fixes are quick with
    Linux

    --
    Douglas Mayne

+ Reply to Thread