Installing/Running Programs - Setup

This is a discussion on Installing/Running Programs - Setup ; I recently installed openSUSE 10.2 on my computer (dual booting with Windows Vista). Anyway, I am fairly new to this, and I can't seem to figure out how to install/run programs that I installed. Using Yast, I was able to ...

  1. Installing/Running Programs

    I recently installed openSUSE 10.2 on my computer (dual booting with
    Windows Vista). Anyway, I am fairly new to this, and I can't seem to
    figure out how to install/run programs that I installed. Using Yast,
    I was able to install Pidgin and AntiVir. When I tell it to run
    Pidgin, I see a message in the task bar that says Loading
    Application. Then it disappears and Pidgin never starts. When I try
    to run AntiVir, either by clicking on it or running from the console,
    it apparently does nothing. I seem to be able to run the pre-
    installed programs fine. What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks,
    Paul

  2. Re: Installing/Running Programs

    On Aug 6, 8:45 pm, "pauljo...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > I recently installed openSUSE 10.2 on my computer (dual booting with
    > Windows Vista). Anyway, I am fairly new to this, and I can't seem to
    > figure out how to install/run programs that I installed. Using Yast,
    > I was able to install Pidgin and AntiVir. When I tell it to run
    > Pidgin, I see a message in the task bar that says Loading
    > Application. Then it disappears and Pidgin never starts. When I try
    > to run AntiVir, either by clicking on it or running from the console,
    > it apparently does nothing. I seem to be able to run the pre-
    > installed programs fine. What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Paul

    OK. Never mind. Pidgin started in the system tray and I didn't see
    it down there. AntiVir didn't fully install, so I got that worked
    out.

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread