Re: Help With Yum? - Setup

This is a discussion on Re: Help With Yum? - Setup ; gnosbush@gmail.com wrote: > I just upgraded my server from RedHat 9 to Fedora 5. Why would you not use Fedora 7? Is F5 supported anymore?...

  1. Re: Help With Yum?

    gnosbush@gmail.com wrote:
    > I just upgraded my server from RedHat 9 to Fedora 5.

    Why would you not use Fedora 7? Is F5 supported anymore?

  2. Re: Help With Yum?

    On 27 Jul, 16:54, Matt wrote:
    > gnosb...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I just upgraded my server from RedHat 9 to Fedora 5.

    > Why would you not use Fedora 7? Is F5 supported anymore?

    Fedora 7 is bleeding edge, and if the box was running RedHat 9, it's
    probably a few years old. I'd hesitate myself before installing Fedora
    7 on anything less than 1 GHz with 512 Meg of RAM, afraid of suffering
    a big performance hit.

  3. Re: Help With Yum?

    "Nico" wrote in message
    news:1185608761.227858.98840@k79g2000hse.googlegro ups.com...
    > On 27 Jul, 16:54, Matt wrote:
    > > gnosb...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > > I just upgraded my server from RedHat 9 to Fedora 5.

    > > Why would you not use Fedora 7? Is F5 supported anymore?

    > Fedora 7 is bleeding edge, and if the box was running RedHat 9, it's
    > probably a few years old. I'd hesitate myself before installing Fedora
    > 7 on anything less than 1 GHz with 512 Meg of RAM, afraid of suffering
    > a big performance hit.

    Fedora 7 has similar hardware requisites than FC5; there shouldn´t be any
    apreciable difereces in performance between this versions.

+ Reply to Thread