Sabyon anyone? - Setup

This is a discussion on Sabyon anyone? - Setup ; Hi, Is Sabyon any good? http://distrowatch.com/ lists it at number 6. I already have Ubuntu running so I'm looking for a second distro, but it has to have a good user community in case I get stuck (like that's not ...

  1. Sabyon anyone?

    Hi,

    Is Sabyon any good? http://distrowatch.com/ lists it at number 6. I already have Ubuntu running so I'm looking for a second distro, but it has to have a good user community in case I get stuck (like that's not going to happen). I've also looked briefly at the specs for PCLinuxOS and I like what I see but there's no LiveCD that I can see unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

    I was really hoping to try Gentoo or OpenSuse and may still try them.

    Any recommendations on a good second distro for someone who isn't new to *nix but is still a newbie when it comes to the X system?

    Thanks
    --
    John T.
    My other computer is a swodniw machine

  2. Re: Sabyon anyone?

    On 25 Jul 2007 20:35:38 GMT,John, wrote

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is Sabyon any good? http://distrowatch.com/ lists it at number 6. I
    > already have Ubuntu running so I'm looking for a second distro, but it
    > has to have a good user community in case I get stuck (like that's not
    > going to happen). I've also looked briefly at the specs for PCLinuxOS
    > and I like what I see but there's no LiveCD that I can see unless I'm
    > looking in the wrong place.
    >
    > I was really hoping to try Gentoo or OpenSuse and may still try them.
    >
    > Any recommendations on a good second distro for someone who isn't new to
    > *nix but is still a newbie when it comes to the X system?
    >
    > Thanks

    PCLinux does have a Live CD but the ones I have seen were bought
    from a distributor. A couple of copies were donated to the SF-LUG.
    I was unable to fully sucessfully copy them as the recreated copy
    from the ISO would not pass its own check though it would boot.

    I am fairly happy with my Mandriva 2007.1 still in Free
    configuration and it is easy to install and setup.

    But I prefer my old Amiga due to the good & totally softwares I
    get to use on it.

    later
    bliss -- C O C O A Powered... (at california dot com)

    --
    bobbie sellers - (Back to Angband) Team *AMIGA- SF-LUG*
    Formerly of AWest - San Francisco's Amiga Users Group

  3. Re: Sabyon anyone?

    John wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is Sabyon any good? http://distrowatch.com/ lists it at number 6. I already have Ubuntu running so I'm looking for a second distro, but it has to have a good user community in case I get stuck (like that's not going to happen). I've also looked briefly at the specs for PCLinuxOS and I like what I see but there's no LiveCD that I can see unless I'm looking in the wrong place.
    >
    > I was really hoping to try Gentoo or OpenSuse and may still try them.
    >
    > Any recommendations on a good second distro for someone who isn't new to *nix but is still a newbie when it comes to the X system?
    >
    > Thanks

    You can also take a look at the liveCD list for help
    in choosing a liveCD to try out.

    http://livecdlist.com/

    Have fun.

+ Reply to Thread