Ubuntu killed my monitor and other problems. - Setup

This is a discussion on Ubuntu killed my monitor and other problems. - Setup ; On 11 Jul, 22:11, John Hasler wrote: > lucretia writes: > > Why is it blocked? > > Root logins are disabled on Ubuntu to prevent naive new users from running > as root. > > > I´m not new ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: Ubuntu killed my monitor and other problems.

    On 11 Jul, 22:11, John Hasler wrote:
    > lucretia writes:
    > > Why is it blocked?

    > Root logins are disabled on Ubuntu to prevent naive new users from running
    > as root.
    >
    > > I´m not new to Linux. Also, why does it need my password rather than the
    > > root password? How do I unblock it?

    > If you aren't new to Linux you know that sudo normally asks for the user's
    > password. You also know how to use vipw and passwd to unblock root logins.

    Well no, because sudo was never on Gentoo. Think they introduced it
    recently but I've never used it.

    Luke.

  2. Re: Ubuntu killed my monitor and other problems.

    On 11 Jul, 22:12, John Hasler wrote:
    > lucretia writes:
    > > Why's that then? I know it's on Debian as well.

    > What's on Debian as well?

    Read the reply again, "sudo!" quite obvious.

    Luke.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2