VMWare Guest Linux on Wireless LAN connection - Setup

This is a discussion on VMWare Guest Linux on Wireless LAN connection - Setup ; I have a Linux guest on Vista host. Vista has this feature where the LAN connection is detected and connected behind the scenes. At my place, I have a wired LAN to my ISP. At my girlfriend's place, she has ...

  1. VMWare Guest Linux on Wireless LAN connection

    I have a Linux guest on Vista host. Vista has this feature where the
    LAN connection is detected and connected behind the scenes. At my
    place, I have a wired LAN to my ISP. At my girlfriend's place, she has
    wireless network. Vista and Linux(guest) connect fine to my ISP. At my
    girlfriends place, the Linux(guest) does not connect to the wireless
    network. How do I configure the guest OS to detect and connect to the
    LAN at her place? Is there anyway to let a guest OS to autodetect the
    available LAN connection as well?

    Thank you in advance for any help.

    NJ

  2. Re: VMWare Guest Linux on Wireless LAN connection

    Neil Jones wrote:

    > the Linux(guest) does not connect to the wireless
    > network.

    A few details could help us you helping:
    - which distro (better, which kernel) do you use as guest ? Post
    uname -a
    - which wireless chip

    Try "briged mode" and have a look at:
    http://sanbarrow.com/vmx.html