installing live linux onto disk??? - Setup

This is a discussion on installing live linux onto disk??? - Setup ; Hi, just got a copy of Live Linux Roadstarter from IsoHunt. How do you save it on disk so that it's possible to boot from it?...

  1. installing live linux onto disk???

    Hi, just got a copy of Live Linux Roadstarter from IsoHunt. How do
    you save it on disk so that it's possible to boot from it?

  2. Re: installing live linux onto disk???

    On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 17:40:25 -0700, cyloafterx wrote:

    > Hi, just got a copy of Live Linux Roadstarter from IsoHunt. How do you
    > save it on disk so that it's possible to boot from it?

    You have it as an ISO file? How big is the file? Is it a CD one or a
    DVD one? You'll need the appropriate writer/burner, CD or DVD, a blank
    disk, and the software to handle the burning. What operating system are
    you running?

    Stef

  3. Re: installing live linux onto disk???

    On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 17:40:25 -0700, cyloafterx wrote:

    > Hi, just got a copy of Live Linux Roadstarter from IsoHunt. How do
    > you save it on disk so that it's possible to boot from it?

    Just for clarification, have you already been able to boot from your live
    CD? Or is this your question:

    "How do I burn a downloaded iso file to cd-r ?"

    --
    Douglas Mayne

  4. Re: installing live linux onto disk???

    On Thu, 05 Jul 2007, cyloafterx wrote:

    > Hi, just got a copy of Live Linux Roadstarter from IsoHunt. How do
    > you save it on disk so that it's possible to boot from it?

    Unlike other users, I interpret your question as meaning that you can boot
    from the CD and want to install Linux on your hard disk.

    Apparently RoadStarter includes Damn Small Linux. For information on
    installing DSL on your hard disk, see
    http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/wiki/i..._the_Hard_Disk

    --
    Yves Bellefeuille