Install Netscape 7.2 onto Fedora 7 ...failed - Setup

This is a discussion on Install Netscape 7.2 onto Fedora 7 ...failed - Setup ; It complaint missing on of the lib....so (forgot the name) try to download the relevant rpm and install, but is said already have have newer version installed. Look like there is no way to install Netscape 7.2 onto Fedora 7. ...

  1. Install Netscape 7.2 onto Fedora 7 ...failed

    It complaint missing on of the lib....so (forgot the name)
    try to download the relevant rpm and install, but is said already have
    have newer version installed.
    Look like there is no way to install Netscape 7.2 onto Fedora 7.

    Note: Another computer with Fedora 5 has no problem at all to install
    Netscape 7.2.

  2. Re: Install Netscape 7.2 onto Fedora 7 ...failed

    On 5 juil, 09:15, Tanhks wrote:
    > It complaint missing on of the lib....so (forgot the name)
    > try to download the relevant rpm and install, but is said already have
    > have newer version installed.
    > Look like there is no way to install Netscape 7.2 onto Fedora 7.
    >
    > Note: Another computer with Fedora 5 has no problem at all to install
    > Netscape 7.2.

    Check for compat*.rpm.
    I had same problem with Firefox and Fedora 6.
    I'ts recurent with fedora.
    Zoot

  3. Re: Install Netscape 7.2 onto Fedora 7 ...failed

    zoot wrote:
    > On 5 juil, 09:15, Tanhks wrote:
    >> It complaint missing on of the lib....so (forgot the name)
    >> try to download the relevant rpm and install, but is said already have
    >> have newer version installed.
    >> Look like there is no way to install Netscape 7.2 onto Fedora 7.
    >>
    >> Note: Another computer with Fedora 5 has no problem at all to install
    >> Netscape 7.2.

    > Check for compat*.rpm.
    > I had same problem with Firefox and Fedora 6.
    > I'ts recurent with fedora.
    > Zoot

    Thanks, I already install Thunderbird without any problem.
    Will try install Netscape 7.2 again when have time.

  4. Re: Install Netscape 7.2 onto Fedora 7 ...failed

    On 5 Jul, 08:15, Tanhks wrote:
    > It complaint missing on of the lib....so (forgot the name)
    > try to download the relevant rpm and install, but is said already have
    > have newer version installed.
    > Look like there is no way to install Netscape 7.2 onto Fedora 7.
    >
    > Note: Another computer with Fedora 5 has no problem at all to install
    > Netscape 7.2.

    What does "yum insall netscape-[whatever].rpm" say? Yum is your friend
    for resolving that kind of dependency issue.

+ Reply to Thread