LINUX ADMINISTRATOR NEEDED - Immediate Contract
Maplesoft Consulting was founded in 1996 and is a privately owned
Canadian company based in Ottawa, Ontario. It is a recognized leader
in providing a wide range of professional services to meet any IT
requirements in an organization's business. They have an innovative,
flexible and personal approach to providing services for both public
and private businesses by building each relationship to best meet the
unique needs of their clients.
Maplesoft Consulting has a local client that is currently seeking a
Linux Administrator for an initial 1 month contract opportunity here
in the NCR (National Capital Region).
QUALIFICATION / DUTIES:
The proposed resource must possess the following skills:
* Responsible for the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 4 servers in a large development, test and
* Manages user accounts and group accounts and supports a base of
* Monitors and completes scheduled server or network outages for
* Prefer some experience with Windows Server 2003 or 2000 system
* Network administration skills, some shell scripting experience and
knowledge of Oracle on a Linux platform would be an asset
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment
Reliability Status / Enhanced Reliability Status
Start-Date: July 3rd, 2007
Duration: 1 month contract (possibility of extension)
We would like to thank you for your interest. Please note that all
submissions will be assessed. However, only suitable candidates will
be contacted further.
Please submit your most recent resume to:
Manager - Recruiting
Maplesoft Consulting Inc.
(613) 226-9993 ext 261
408 Churchill Drive, Suite 408
Ottawa, ON K1Z 5C6
Your resume will not be submitted to our clients without your full
knowledge of the opportunity and consent.