linux os that can detect a secondary/slave harddisk having windows (xp) - Setup

This is a discussion on linux os that can detect a secondary/slave harddisk having windows (xp) - Setup ; i'd like to install a linux system on my computer...but i want one whch could detect a secondary harddisk with windows installed on it...and be able to copy its content to linux..any suggestion??..have tried live cd of knoppix but i'm ...

  1. linux os that can detect a secondary/slave harddisk having windows (xp)

    i'd like to install a linux system on my computer...but i want one
    whch could detect a secondary harddisk with windows installed on
    it...and be able to copy its content to
    linux..any suggestion??..have tried live cd of knoppix but i'm unable
    to find the install version on the internet...if there would be other
    linux version then i would be glad to try it..
    tnx
    grace

  2. Re: linux os that can detect a secondary/slave harddisk having windows (xp)

    grace writes:
    > i'd like to install a linux system on my computer...but i want one whch
    > could detect a secondary harddisk with windows installed on it...and be
    > able to copy its content to linux..any suggestion?

    Go to and either request a free CD or download an
    ISO.
    --
    John Hasler
    john@dhh.gt.org

  3. Re: linux os that can detect a secondary/slave harddisk having windows (xp)

    http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?o...iles&Itemid=28

    --
    imotgm
    "Lost? Lost? I've never been lost... Been a tad confused for a

  4. Re: linux os that can detect a secondary/slave harddisk having windows(xp)

    imotgm wrote:
    > On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 00:12:05 -0700, grace wrote:
    >
    >> i'd like to install a linux system on my computer...but i want one whch
    >> could detect a secondary harddisk with windows installed on it...and be
    >> able to copy its content to linux..any suggestion??..have tried live cd of
    >> knoppix but i'm unable to find the install version on the internet...if
    >> there would be other linux version then i would be glad to try it.. tnx
    >> grace

    > http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?o...iles&Itemid=28

    Surely any Linux distro can do this?

    Just mount the drive partitions with appropriate file system types and
    off you go..

  5. Re: linux os that can detect a secondary/slave harddisk having windows (xp)

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 09:45:57 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

    > imotgm wrote:
    >> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 00:12:05 -0700, grace wrote:
    >>
    >>> i'd like to install a linux system on my computer...but i want one whch
    >>> could detect a secondary harddisk with windows installed on it...and be
    >>> able to copy its content to linux..any suggestion??..have tried live cd of
    >>> knoppix but i'm unable to find the install version on the internet...if
    >>> there would be other linux version then i would be glad to try it.. tnx
    >>> grace

    >> http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?o...iles&Itemid=28
    >>

    > Surely any Linux distro can do this?
    >
    > Just mount the drive partitions with appropriate file system types and
    > off you go..

    Certainly. I just mentioned a distro that is very easy to install, from
    the live CD, as he stated he was using a Knoppix live CD, and couldn't
    install from it. I use SUSE, Mandriva, Slackware, and PCLOS, and PCLOS is
    by far the easiest to install for a newbie, which, from the question, I
    would assume the OP is.

    --
    imotgm
    "Lost? Lost? I've never been lost... Been a tad confused for a
    month or two, but never lost."

+ Reply to Thread