    With Regards,
    Aniljalela

  2. Re: install linux with out any media

    On 2007-06-22, anil wrote:

    > i want to install Linux(RHEL4) on blank hard drive. i have no cdrom
    > drive also not floppy drive .just i have 5 cd ISO image on remote
    > computer. all pc is in network. remote computer OS is RHEL4 . how to
    > boot my pc using remote computer.

    You need something like PXE, but quite honestly, if you need to
    ask about this, it's not likely you'll have much success, as
    setting up a PXE boot server is nontrivial. If you don't have
    a choice, search for "pxe linux" for some possible hints.

    I'd suggest instead putting the blank drive into a computer that
    you can boot, installing from there, then moving the drive back
    to the computer without the CD-ROM or floppy drive. That mode
    will be a whole lot easier than configuring a PXE server.

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)