what is Enforcing mode requested but no policy loaded, halting now ; when boot up - Setup

This is a discussion on what is Enforcing mode requested but no policy loaded, halting now ; when boot up - Setup ; Hi, I have installed my new fresh kernel 2.6.21 on Fedora core 3. When I tried to boot , I got following error message... Redhat Nash version 4.1.18 starting. Enforcing mode requested but no policy loaded, halting now Kernel Panic ...

  1. what is Enforcing mode requested but no policy loaded, halting now ; when boot up

    Hi,

    I have installed my new fresh kernel 2.6.21 on Fedora core 3.
    When I tried to boot , I got following error message...

    Redhat Nash version 4.1.18 starting.
    Enforcing mode requested but no policy loaded, halting now
    Kernel Panic - not syncing : Attempted to kill!

    I think I shoud do something in kernel configraion to boot... it might
    be missing something..

    what else should I check?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: what is Enforcing mode requested but no policy loaded, halting now ; when boot up

    google-rambo88 wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have installed my new fresh kernel 2.6.21 on Fedora core 3.
    > When I tried to boot , I got following error message...
    >

    > Redhat Nash version 4.1.18 starting.
    > Enforcing mode requested but no policy loaded, halting now
    > Kernel Panic - not syncing : Attempted to kill!
    >
    > I think I shoud do something in kernel configraion to boot... it might
    > be missing something..
    >
    > what else should I check?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Try googling under "Enforcing mode" with the quotes. It means that you have
    SE Linux, a more secure setup, but you haven't got a policy file telling it
    what to enforce. A tutorial at
    http://www.coker.com.au/selinux/talk...04/linux20.doc. deals with
    Fedora. I am running Mandriva, so I am not much help.

    Doug.

+ Reply to Thread