how to access a second harddrive - Setup

This is a discussion on how to access a second harddrive - Setup ; I have a server machine having ubuntu 5.10 (hoary hedgehog) as os..it contains two harddisk where the other , is where we stored our back- ups.. Currently, we are setting up a new server with a different motherboard on a ...

  1. how to access a second harddrive

    I have a server machine having ubuntu 5.10 (hoary hedgehog) as os..it
    contains two harddisk where the other , is where we stored our back-
    ups.. Currently, we are setting up a new server with a different
    motherboard on a different machine and i am planning to transfer all
    our files from the old machine to this new one.. my problem is after
    we have intalled the back-up harddisk (with one ext3 partition) on the
    new machine, we are unable to view its contents...
    i already mounted this hd on /db directory, but the heck when i go to
    this directory it contains nothing.. what maybe the problem on this?
    our old server has asrock as motherboard and the new machine has
    asus...do these hardware changes has something to do with this? tnx...
    grace

  2. Re: how to access a second harddrive

    grace wrote:

    >I have a server machine having ubuntu 5.10 (hoary hedgehog) as os..it
    >contains two harddisk where the other , is where we stored our back-
    >ups.. Currently, we are setting up a new server with a different
    >motherboard on a different machine and i am planning to transfer all
    >our files from the old machine to this new one.. my problem is after
    >we have intalled the back-up harddisk (with one ext3 partition) on the
    >new machine, we are unable to view its contents...
    >i already mounted this hd on /db directory, but the heck when i go to
    >this directory it contains nothing.. what maybe the problem on this?
    >our old server has asrock as motherboard and the new machine has
    >asus...do these hardware changes has something to do with this? tnx...
    >grace

    Please you show us the results of :

    df -h

+ Reply to Thread