Hi all,
I read many and many pages about this issue ... but no suggestion
solved mine!
I've a MSI945gzm5 mainboard which unfortunately uses 82801g chip!
Audio card seems to be well recognized but I can't hear sound.
After a fresh installation of fc6 I can hear sounds but if I stop
audio system and reenable it... it stops working. Also after some
reboots, without stopping audio system.
I updated alsa driver/lib/utils to 1.014 but no results.. (configure --
with-cards=hda-intel, make, make install and model=hda-intel in
modprobe.conf).
system-config-soundcard shows me 1.012 lib instead of 1.014 which I
have installed... :|

What can I try?
I really think there is a bug in alsa driver!!!