"no valid devices were found on which to create new filesystems" - Setup

This is a discussion on "no valid devices were found on which to create new filesystems" - Setup ; I got thos error when attempt to install Fedora 6 on external USB disc or on an intenal IDE disc : "... no valid devices were found on which to create new filesystems..." ! Please help. Thanks...

  1. "no valid devices were found on which to create new filesystems"

    I got thos error when attempt to install Fedora 6 on external USB disc
    or on an intenal IDE disc :
    "... no valid devices were found on which to create new
    filesystems..." !

    Please help.

    Thanks

  2. Re: "no valid devices were found on which to create new filesystems"

    bras39@gmail.com wrote:

    > I got thos error when attempt to install Fedora 6 on external USB disc
    > or on an intenal IDE disc :
    > "... no valid devices were found on which to create new
    > filesystems..." !
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > Thanks

    at the boot prompt of the install cd/dvd type ---> linux all-generic-ide

    --
    Dancin in the ruins tonight
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

  3. Re: "no valid devices were found on which to create new filesystems"

    On 9 juin, 18:25, Baho Utot wrote:
    > bra...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I got thos error when attempt to install Fedora 6 on external USB disc
    > > or on an intenal IDE disc :
    > > "... no valid devices were found on which to create new
    > > filesystems..." !

    > > Please help.

    > > Thanks

    > at the boot prompt of the install cd/dvd type ---> linux all-generic-ide

    No this is not working...
    Who can tell me what is the problem with Fedora 6 and USB drive using
    (or not) VMware 5.5.1 ??

  4. Re: "no valid devices were found on which to create new filesystems"

    bras39@gmail.com wrote:

    > On 9 juin, 18:25, Baho Utot wrote:
    >> bra...@gmail.com wrote:
    >> > I got thos error when attempt to install Fedora 6 on external USB disc
    >> > or on an intenal IDE disc :
    >> > "... no valid devices were found on which to create new
    >> > filesystems..." !

    >> > Please help.

    >> > Thanks

    >> at the boot prompt of the install cd/dvd type ---> linux all-generic-ide
    >>

    > No this is not working...
    > Who can tell me what is the problem with Fedora 6 and USB drive using
    > (or not) VMware 5.5.1 ??

    Are you installing FC6 on vmware virtual machine?
    Or are you installing it directly on a PC?

    I am confused at what you are asking

    --
    Dancin in the ruins tonight
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

  5. Re: "no valid devices were found on which to create new filesystems"

    On 10 juin, 22:06, Baho Utot wrote:
    > bra...@gmail.com wrote:

    > >> at the boot prompt of the install cd/dvd type ---> linux all-generic-ide

    > > No this is not working...
    > > Who can tell me what is the problem with Fedora 6 and USB drive using
    > > (or not) VMware 5.5.1 ??

    > Are you installing FC6 on vmware virtual machine?
    > Or are you installing it directly on a PC?
    >
    > I am confused at what you are asking
    >
    > --
    > Dancin in the ruins tonight
    > Tayo'y Mga Pinoy- Masquer le texte des messages prÚcÚdents -
    >
    > - Afficher le texte des messages prÚcÚdents -

    I'm testing these two ways :

    1) To install directly FC6 on USB Dirve (THOSHIBA 120 G). It's does
    not works (see error reported) ;
    2) To install RFC6 on the same USB dirve but using VMware, and here I
    find the same error !!

+ Reply to Thread