dsl cmd to set time zone Q - Setup

This is a discussion on dsl cmd to set time zone Q - Setup ; My buddies have successfully loaded damn small linux on my 385 ibm thinkpad but have been unable to change the time zone from eastern european time zone to pacific daylight savings time. It is important to have the correct time ...

  1. dsl cmd to set time zone Q

    My buddies have successfully loaded damn small linux on my 385 ibm
    thinkpad but have been unable to change the time zone from
    eastern european time zone to pacific daylight savings time.

    It is important to have the correct time stamps for files.
    thanks for any direction.

  2. Re: dsl cmd to set time zone Q

    >My buddies have successfully loaded damn small linux on my 385 ibm
    >thinkpad but have been unable to change the time zone from
    >eastern european time zone to pacific daylight savings time.

    >It is important to have the correct time stamps for files.
    >thanks for any direction.

    The system time and file time stamps are stored in UTC/GMT.

    Time zones don't come into the picture until you want to
    convert an internal time to text string for local time.

    The conversion file lives in /etc/localtime. It's much bigger
    than just a simple integer since it also covers when to use
    daylight savings.