ubuntu compatibility with asus p5pe-mv motherboard - Setup

This is a discussion on ubuntu compatibility with asus p5pe-mv motherboard - Setup ; dear everyone we have encountered several problems while installing ubuntu 5.04 (the hoary hedge hog) on a computer (w/c we are planning to make as our server) with asus p5pe-mv motherboard, intel Pention D 3.0 ghz processor. During the installation, ...

  1. ubuntu compatibility with asus p5pe-mv motherboard

    dear everyone
    we have encountered several problems while installing ubuntu 5.04 (the
    hoary hedge hog) on a computer (w/c we are planning to make as our
    server) with asus p5pe-mv motherboard, intel Pention D 3.0 ghz
    processor. During the installation, we have come up to the point where
    it would say that the installation of the based system has failed, but
    when tried on a different computer (to test too if the problem is the
    cd installer) it works ok...Do it has something to do with the
    motherboard? we already have a server with same version of ubuntu
    setup with a asrock motherboard and AMD duron processor and it works
    fine, but how come it doesn't work on this one?...appreciate your
    urgent reply..
    grace

  2. Re: ubuntu compatibility with asus p5pe-mv motherboard

    "grace" wrote in message
    news:1181280442.235454.66730@o11g2000prd.googlegro ups.com...
    > dear everyone
    > we have encountered several problems while installing ubuntu 5.04 (the
    > hoary hedge hog) on a computer (w/c we are planning to make as our
    > server) with asus p5pe-mv motherboard, intel Pention D 3.0 ghz
    > processor. During the installation, we have come up to the point where
    > it would say that the installation of the based system has failed, but
    > when tried on a different computer (to test too if the problem is the
    > cd installer) it works ok...Do it has something to do with the
    > motherboard? we already have a server with same version of ubuntu
    > setup with a asrock motherboard and AMD duron processor and it works
    > fine, but how come it doesn't work on this one?...appreciate your
    > urgent reply..
    > grace

    Failed install is usually bad cd burn or bad hardware. Since you installed
    with same cd on another computer that may rule out cd but may not.

    1. run validation on cd
    2. run ram check
    3. run hard drive diag for bad spots
    4. try different cdrom drive on same computer
    5. change cables.
    6. flash bios to current or latest version (could be corrupt)
    7. test power supply and/or use better one

    If hardware qualifies, download and try Ubuntu 7.04 AMD64 Server
    version otherwise use i386 version.

    later,
    charles......

  3. Re: ubuntu compatibility with asus p5pe-mv motherboard

    On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 22:27:22 -0700, grace wrote:

    > dear everyone
    > we have encountered several problems while installing ubuntu 5.04 (the
    > hoary hedge hog) on a computer (w/c we are planning to make as our
    > server) with asus p5pe-mv motherboard, intel Pention D 3.0 ghz
    > processor. During the installation, we have come up to the point where
    > it would say that the installation of the based system has failed, but
    > when tried on a different computer (to test too if the problem is the
    > cd installer) it works ok...Do it has something to do with the
    > motherboard? we already have a server with same version of ubuntu
    > setup with a asrock motherboard and AMD duron processor and it works
    > fine, but how come it doesn't work on this one?...appreciate your
    > urgent reply..
    > grace

    The version of Ubuntu you are using is obsolete. You should install
    instead either the Dapper (6.06 LTS) or Feisty (7.04) versions.

+ Reply to Thread