Off Topic - Setup

This is a discussion on Off Topic - Setup ; I just got this ad. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...u=I69-2146%20H I have no connection with the company save as a satisfied customer. I go off topic as it came up a few months ago and I pointed out that dual core were running about ...

  1. Off Topic

    I just got this ad.
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...u=I69-2146%20H

    I have no connection with the company save as a satisfied customer.

    I go off topic as it came up a few months ago and I pointed out that dual core
    were running about 2.2GHz and with overhead you were getting maybe 4GHz overall
    performance IF it was possible to have an equal load on both cores which it
    mostly is not.

    However this is a good price even for a single core computer but it is a dual
    core. You need to be confident putting it together this is the entry system. I
    am seriously thinking about it.

    Now back to our regularly scheduled nonsense.

    --
    The population of Mexico is 109 million. If 12 million of them are in the US
    illegally will the last to leave turn out the lights?

  2. Re: Off Topic

    On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 01:41:20 -0400, Matt Giwer wrote:
    > I just got this ad.
    > http://www.tigerdirect.com/..........................

    Ah, Tiger Direct

    > I have no connection with the company save as a satisfied customer.

    Perhaps. But, I've seen that they have other, $ADJECTIVE customers, too.

  3. Re: Off Topic

    Allodoxaphobia wrote:
    > On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 01:41:20 -0400, Matt Giwer wrote:
    >> I just got this ad.
    >> http://www.tigerdirect.com/..........................

    > Ah, Tiger Direct
    >> I have no connection with the company save as a satisfied customer.

    > Perhaps. But, I've seen that they have other, $ADJECTIVE customers, too.

    Nope. Just a customer. They have sales for every reason imaginable and send the
    links by email. That is how I found out about it. If I were $Shilling for them
    you would read one or two a week.

    Notice I only mentioned it because of a prior discussion in one or the other of
    these newsgroup. I spoke against buying a dual core at the time for the reason I
    gave, a high price high for a best case 4GHz machine with two cores running at
    2.2GHz. This is not a bad price for a single core 3.2GHz so there is no reason
    not to get this dual core in you are in the market for a new machine or have aps
    like seti@home or povray which can efficiently use a dual core now. I do
    animations with povray so there is my interest.

    I simply said satisfied. Details? Their shipping is slower than I expect these
    days. I have not had to return anything so I can't comment on that. Their prices
    are roughly the same ballpark as Office Depot so it is tradeoff on sales tax and
    shipping costs and a drive instead of packing and postage to return against
    Office Depot's nasty habit of restocking defective items.

    Have you had bad luck with them?

    While staying off topic they carry as flashlight with 14LEDs and runs for over
    24 hours on 3 AAAs for $7,50. I replaced every flashlight in the house with
    these. The only drawback is it is a bit small for my hand.

    --
    The solution to buying votes in Congress is to require all contributions to
    be from card carrying members of a party to card carrying members of that

+ Reply to Thread