adding an action associated to a extension in firefox ??? - Setup

This is a discussion on adding an action associated to a extension in firefox ??? - Setup ; i have the plugin of acrobat correctly installed and was working well, but i remove the pdf extension from settings-actions-remove. Tehre is no way to add it again: firefox only give me two options "modify action" or "remove" where can ...

  1. adding an action associated to a extension in firefox ???

    i have the plugin of acrobat correctly installed and was working well,
    but i remove the pdf extension from settings-actions-remove.

    Tehre is no way to add it again: firefox only give me two options
    "modify action" or "remove" where can i add extension .PDF and say
    firefox that it must open it with the plugin?

    this is Aboutugins output

    Adobe Reader 7.0

    Nombre del fichero: nppdf.so
    The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF
    files from within the browser.

    Tipo MIME Descripción Sufijos Activado
    application/pdf Portable Document Format pdf Sí
    application/vnd.fdf Acrobat Forms Data Format fdf Sí
    application/vnd.adobe.xfdf XML Version of Acrobat Forms Data Format
    xfdf Sí
    application/vnd.adobe.xdp+xml Acrobat XML Data Package xdp Sí
    application/vnd.adobe.xfd+xml Adobe FormFlow99 Data File xfd Sí

    thanks

  2. Re: adding an action associated to a extension in firefox ???

    Fernando Peral Pérez wrote:
    > i have the plugin of acrobat correctly installed and was working well,
    > but i remove the pdf extension from settings-actions-remove.
    >
    > Tehre is no way to add it again: firefox only give me two options
    > "modify action" or "remove" where can i add extension .PDF and say
    > firefox that it must open it with the plugin?

    Maybe
    https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/4498
    may help you.

    HTH Martin

  3. Re: adding an action associated to a extension in firefox ???

    Martin Klar escribió:
    > Fernando Peral Pérez wrote:
    >> i have the plugin of acrobat correctly installed and was working well,
    >> but i remove the pdf extension from settings-actions-remove.
    >>
    >> Tehre is no way to add it again: firefox only give me two options
    >> "modify action" or "remove" where can i add extension .PDF and say
    >> firefox that it must open it with the plugin?

    > Maybe
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/4498
    > may help you.
    >
    > HTH Martin

    it sounds like a great thing but actually i've just found the solution:

    in about:config
    plugin.disable_full_page_plugin_for_types

    when i remove the entry PDF in "archive type" this entry of "config"
    (default blank) change to "application/pdf"
    and the extension PDF dissapear from the mime types.
    The solution: restar the plugin.disable_full_page_plugin_for_types entry

    thanks.

+ Reply to Thread