Tool for trend-analysis of disk-usage - Setup

This is a discussion on Tool for trend-analysis of disk-usage - Setup ; Hi, I am looking for a tool that can analyse disk areas and produce histograms of disk usage per user and area. I also would like it to show that age of data. I know there are many disk usage ...

  1. Tool for trend-analysis of disk-usage

    Hi, I am looking for a tool that can analyse disk areas and produce
    histograms of disk usage per user and area. I also would like it to
    show that age of data. I know there are many disk usage tools, but
    most of them seem to show the current situation. I want to see the
    growth over time, per area and user. Any suggestions for such a tool?
    Thanks

  2. Re: Tool for trend-analysis of disk-usage

    lars.berntzon@cecilia-data.se wrote:
    > Hi, I am looking for a tool that can analyse disk areas and produce
    > histograms of disk usage per user and area. I also would like it to
    > show that age of data. I know there are many disk usage tools, but
    > most of them seem to show the current situation. I want to see the
    > growth over time, per area and user. Any suggestions for such a tool?
    > Thanks

    snmp monitoring tools combined with rrd-tool (e.g. cacti, zenoss)
    can show you disk usage over time... but by default not by user... just
    by mounted parition (filesystem).

    However, you may be able to create rrd files using a custom script
    or something if you like the graphs used by these kinds of tools.

+ Reply to Thread