Windows Xp change my boot partition - Setup

This is a discussion on Windows Xp change my boot partition - Setup ; I have Installed Gentoo with GRUB for multiboot. I have Windows in /dev/sda1 and the boot partition in /dev/sda2 (this is the bootable partition) with GRUB installed on the last one. Any tyme I start windows it change the bootable ...

  1. Windows Xp change my boot partition

    I have Installed Gentoo with GRUB for multiboot.

    I have Windows in /dev/sda1 and the boot partition in /dev/sda2 (this
    is the bootable partition) with GRUB installed on the last one.

    Any tyme I start windows it change the bootable partion in /dev/sda1,
    so on the next startup i can't use GRUB.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Windows Xp change my boot partition

    If you want to use GRUB as boot manager, why not installing it in the
    MBR of your sda? Why did you install GRUB in /dev/sda2 partition?
    GRUB does not need to be in the same partition as your linux
    installation.

    On May 28, 5:49 am, Giordano Maestro
    wrote:
    > I have Installed Gentoo with GRUB for multiboot.
    >
    > I have Windows in /dev/sda1 and the boot partition in /dev/sda2 (this
    > is the bootable partition) with GRUB installed on the last one.
    >
    > Any tyme I start windows it change the bootable partion in /dev/sda1,
    > so on the next startup i can't use GRUB.
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread