Blog publishing (newbie) - Setup

This is a discussion on Blog publishing (newbie) - Setup ; Hello everyone. I have a basic question. I am interested in setting up a blog server and have signed up with a Blog server ISP. Now I need to know the tools required to start publishing the content. What tools ...

  1. Blog publishing (newbie)

    Hello everyone.

    I have a basic question. I am interested in setting up a blog server
    and have signed up with a Blog server ISP. Now I need to know the tools
    required to start publishing the content. What tools do I need without
    having to learn a programming language or some complex tool? I want to
    be able to open up an editor and publish to my blogging site. What do I
    need?

    Thank you in advance for any help/advice.

    Regards,

    NJ

  2. Re: Blog publishing (newbie)

    "Neil Jones" wrote in message news:PC63i.77333$vE1.53194@newsfe24.lga...
    > Hello everyone.
    >
    > I have a basic question. I am interested in setting up a blog server
    > and have signed up with a Blog server ISP. Now I need to know the tools
    > required to start publishing the content. What tools do I need without
    > having to learn a programming language or some complex tool? I want to
    > be able to open up an editor and publish to my blogging site. What do I
    > need?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any help/advice.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > NJ

    http://www.sitepoint.com/article/blo...ackdown-review

  3. Re: Blog publishing (newbie)

    Neil Jones wrote:
    > Hello everyone.
    >
    > I have a basic question. I am interested in setting up a blog server
    > and have signed up with a Blog server ISP. Now I need to know the tools
    > required to start publishing the content. What tools do I need without
    > having to learn a programming language or some complex tool? I want to
    > be able to open up an editor and publish to my blogging site. What do I
    > need?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any help/advice.

    Ask the guy you signed up with?

    --
    The failure option in Iraq was exercised in March 2003.
    -- The Iron Webmaster, 3744

  4. Re: Blog publishing (newbie)

    On Thu, 17 May 2007 20:40:31 -0400, Neil Jones wrote:

    > Hello everyone.
    >
    > I have a basic question. I am interested in setting up a blog server
    > and have signed up with a Blog server ISP. Now I need to know the tools
    > required to start publishing the content. What tools do I need without
    > having to learn a programming language or some complex tool? I want to
    > be able to open up an editor and publish to my blogging site. What do I
    > need?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any help/advice.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > NJ

    A good tool for newbie bloggers is WordPress.

    http://wordpress.org/

  5. Re: Blog publishing (newbie)

    wrote:
    > Hello everyone.
    >
    > I have a basic question. I am interested in setting up a blog server
    > and have signed up with a Blog server ISP. Now I need to know the tools
    > required to start publishing the content. What tools do I need without
    > having to learn a programming language or some complex tool? I want to
    > be able to open up an editor and publish to my blogging site. What do I
    > need?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any help/advice.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > NJ

    I think you are asking for blog clients that you can use to post content
    to a weblog, right? There are some:

    Scribefire - runs as a firefox add-in and you can install it easily by
    searching for it from within firefox's add-ins.

    Drivel - I've used this one a few times on wordpress.com blogs but it
    will not do multiple categories that I can see.

    Bleezer - A really nice java based blog client that I use more and more
    these days. You will need to get the java JRE installed on Linux first;
    but the tools within Bleezer are very nice.

    Gnome-blog - this one or something close to its name runs from the gnome
    panel. Its pretty basic...

    Jblogeditor - another java based blogging client which will run on
    Linux. This one would benefit from an update as well.

    blogtk - this one has not been updated in some time.

    There may be more and others may use regular editors, etc. I'm a whimp
    and like a blogging client that runs both within firefox and outside.

    Speaking as a blogger of some years, there are not compelling tools yet
    for blogging clients on Linux unfortunately. I weigh most things
    against a windows client like Blogjet which has very nice sets of
    featues. FWIW, Bleezer comes closest and may even win in some areas but
    you need java. If its not a big deal, try out bleezer and see what you
    think.

    I'll leave it as an adventure in searching to find these

    --
    Michael Perry | Do or do not. There is no try --Master Yoda
    mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://mikesplace.wordpress.com

+ Reply to Thread