Registrars not accepting DNS entries - Setup

This is a discussion on Registrars not accepting DNS entries - Setup ; I have set up a pair of name servers, the first one is accepted by the registrars and the second one is not. They have been configured identically as far as I can tell. It appears that some test is ...

  1. Registrars not accepting DNS entries

    I have set up a pair of name servers, the first one is accepted by the
    registrars and the second one is not. They have been configured
    identically as far as I can tell.

    It appears that some test is run by the registrars to see if the name
    server can be used.

    Is there any way I can find what test it is and get a way to run it to
    see what the problem is?

    Are there scripts or sites where I can run whatever type of test it is
    and know what the problem is?

  2. Re: Registrars not accepting DNS entries

    voipfc wrote:
    > I have set up a pair of name servers, the first one is accepted by the
    > registrars and the second one is not. They have been configured
    > identically as far as I can tell.
    >
    > It appears that some test is run by the registrars to see if the name
    > server can be used.
    >
    > Is there any way I can find what test it is and get a way to run it to
    > see what the problem is?
    >
    > Are there scripts or sites where I can run whatever type of test it is
    > and know what the problem is?

    'dig' may work for you..to at leasts see if the nameserver is responding
    to requests.

    It may be behind a firewall. so also try some of the remote online dig
    tools out there..they will grope back towards your servers seeing if
    they are in fact accessible.

    Likewise publishing your servers IP address here and what zones it is
    authoritative for, would probably result in a deluge of replies from
    people helpfully testing your setup from their desktops

+ Reply to Thread