About Controller Area Network - Setup

This is a discussion on About Controller Area Network - Setup ; Hi all, I want to know how to configure or how to initialize CAN protocol in linux.Please help me regarding this. Thanking you....

  1. About Controller Area Network

    Hi all,
    I want to know how to configure or how to initialize CAN protocol in
    linux.Please help me regarding this.
    Thanking you.

  2. Re: About Controller Area Network

    In comp.os.linux.setup, mahi

    wrote
    on 16 May 2007 00:12:34 -0700
    <1179299554.404177.220180@u30g2000hsc.googlegroups. com>:
    > Hi all,
    > I want to know how to configure or how to initialize CAN protocol in
    > linux.Please help me regarding this.
    > Thanking you.

    This is a hardware problem. Did you have a specific device in mind?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controller_Area_Network

    A Google coughed up, among other things, a RS232 to CAN dongle;
    that might be your simplest bet. However, it is far from clear
    to me what precisely is needed software-wise.

    http://www.grantronics.com.au/lawicel.html

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    /dev/signature: No such file or directory