    Terminal that we can use it on X Window or text mode ?

    Thank you .

  2. Re: Is there some good serial port terminal tool ?

    On 2007-05-16, kid1972tw@yahoo.com.tw wrote:

    > Is there some good serial port terminal tool like Microsoft Windows
    > Hyper
    > Terminal that we can use it on X Window or text mode ?

    Use seyon with a modem, but minicom is the standard terminal program and
    will work with or without a modem in console terminal mode or X.

    ....Edwin
    "Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes
    turned skyward, for there you have been, there you long to
    return."-da Vinci http://bellsouthpwp2.net/e/d/edwinljohnson

  3. Re: Is there some good serial port terminal tool ?

    On 16 May, 21:00, Edwin Johnson wrote:
    > On 2007-05-16, kid197...@yahoo.com.tw wrote:
    >
    > > Is there some good serial port terminal tool like Microsoft Windows
    > > Hyper
    > > Terminal that we can use it on X Window or text mode ?

    > Use seyon with a modem, but minicom is the standard terminal program and
    > will work with or without a modem in console terminal mode or X.

    It's also amazingly limited and non-intuitive to use. Since the
    copyrights have been relaxed somewhat on Kermit, Kermit is in almost
    every distributions, and is extremely robust and well-documented.

    Kermit is also available for Windows, and Putty in Windows now also
    has a good serial port tool. All of them are vastly superior to
    Microsoft's Hyper Terminal tool.

  4. Re: Is there some good serial port terminal tool ?

    On May 17, 7:23 pm, Nico wrote:
    > On 16 May, 21:00, Edwin Johnson wrote:
    >
    > > On 2007-05-16, kid197...@yahoo.com.tw wrote:

    > > > Is there some good serial port terminal tool like Microsoft Windows
    > > > Hyper
    > > > Terminal that we can use it on X Window or text mode ?

    > > Use seyon with a modem, but minicom is the standard terminal program and
    > > will work with or without a modem in console terminal mode or X.

    > It's also amazingly limited and non-intuitive to use. Since the
    > copyrights have been relaxed somewhat on Kermit, Kermit is in almost
    > every distributions, and is extremely robust and well-documented.

    What isn't intuitive about minicom? Anyone here who has ever used a
    popular terminal program for the PC such as Telix or Procomm will
    recognize minicom.

    > Kermit is also available for Windows, and Putty in Windows now also
    > has a good serial port tool. All of them are vastly superior to
    > Microsoft's Hyper Terminal tool.

    Kermit?! If minicom isn't intuitive, kermit is arcane! Only greybeards
    will recognize kermit. I remember it, but fortunately only used it
    sparingly to transfer to/from old systems that had nothing else.

+ Reply to Thread