Synaptics trackpad doesn't work properly - Setup

This is a discussion on Synaptics trackpad doesn't work properly - Setup ; There's a startling difference between using the trackpad on my laptop between Windows and Linux: namely, under Windows, when I stop moving my finger the pointer stops dead. Under Linux, it keeps moving. This is incredibly annoying and I am ...

  1. Synaptics trackpad doesn't work properly

    There's a startling difference between using the trackpad on
    my laptop between Windows and Linux: namely, under Windows,
    when I stop moving my finger the pointer stops dead. Under Linux,
    it keeps moving. This is incredibly annoying and I am surprised
    no one seems to have fixed this problem. I didn't see it with the
    2.4 kernel, but with Linux 2.6 it is a constant annoyance
    and a reason to not use X Windows.

  2. Re: Synaptics trackpad doesn't work properly

    In article <1179010157.156254.11510@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.c om>,
    funnybunnyfive@yahoo.com says...

    >There's a startling difference between using the trackpad on
    >my laptop between Windows and Linux: namely, under Windows,
    >when I stop moving my finger the pointer stops dead. Under Linux,
    >it keeps moving. This is incredibly annoying and I am surprised
    >no one seems to have fixed this problem. I didn't see it with the
    >2.4 kernel, but with Linux 2.6 it is a constant annoyance
    >and a reason to not use X Windows.

    Synaptics on a laptop is no joy in Windows either. If you run Linux
    under qemu on a laptop, you can use the Windows utility to turn off the
    synaptics pointer _before_ starting Linux as a guest system, and any USB
    mouse you have will be what you get to use under guest Linux.
    Furthermore, there are two ways to get the native Windows dialup to work
    under Linux using qemu, and you can also start guest Linux after wifi
    turnon under Windows, and that will work as well. In other words,
    Windows acts as a wrapper for guest Linux under qemu.

+ Reply to Thread